• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You have to download 4.9 through DAZ Connect. No way to get it any other way. Maybe you could have before with the beta, but not any longer. It's encrypted.

Not true. You can indeed download the actual 4.9 final release manually. Here's a screenshot from my Product Library :

upload_2016-2-13_2-53-25.png

Now, if you're looking for the BETA... yes, that can only be gotten via DIM. But the public/full version final release of 4.9 Pro is accessible, with manual download from the product library. I downloaded all of the files for it's whole bundle two nights ago. From the product library. No DIM.

The BETA 4.9 requires DIM.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I see now that I can make a lot of dynamic clothing and it will be downloaded, so that's a plus! This script is really cool.

I just need some time in port so I can upload some stuff.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I see now that I can make a lot of dynamic clothing and it will be downloaded, so that's a plus! This script is really cool.

I just need some time in port so I can upload some stuff.

Yeah. You might see more downloads than you used to in the past. Going to be a lot of people looking for dynamic freebies to learn the script on... LOL :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Great script. I will have to convert some of my dresses and see how they work.

You were curious about your dresses... I have a lot of your items... They are really nicely done, and render beautifully.

This is your Genesis 1 Knit Polo dress... converted via this script to dynamic and draped over my Hannah Moonriver (who is looking a little less than pleased at being told to model for the camera haha).

It drapes pretty darned nicely, I do have to say. A little finicky in poses like this one where the figure is crouched, but again, I have to emphasize that I only have the very basic, raw dynamic access in DS at the moment, as I never installed (no clue why, really) the more advanced dynamic controls. So I cannot affect things like wind or gravity yet.

But I'd have to say this one draped pretty nicely, considering that.

HannahDynamic01-sm.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That looks really, really nice!

You should install the advanced dynamics thing in DS. A wind generator comes in really handy, especially for capes and cloaks.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That looks really, really nice!

You should install the advanced dynamics thing in DS. A wind generator comes in really handy, especially for capes and cloaks.

Well, I want to. But I don't seem to have my copy of the advanced dynamics for 4.8... and the product library has over-written the link for the 4.9 version.

So the only way I'm going to get my hands on those controls at this point, IS to update to 4.9. Which is the whole reason I downloaded the 4.9 installers the other day in the first place.

I seem to have broken my own rule as far as DS installer files go, and failed to download the 4.8 advanced dynamics to my backups... *bangs head*

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Aha. They've fixed it. Evidently all that was coming up was the beta before.

Don't know just when I'll upgrade, but now at least I can have it in reserve.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep. As far as I know, it's been their policy to do it this way for a while now. Betas only available through DIM, final releases in DIM or manual.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I guess we all break our own rules. I am going to break one of mine this weekend and buy some stuff in the store here. I was going to do it before, but we got underway without notice and I had to wait awhile to think about it.

Wilmap

Inspired
I converted one of my long dresses. Think I tried to be too clever here! Spent most of this morning trying to get the dress between G2F and the chair. Lot more work to do though.
Drapes nicely though.

Dynamic dress sitting.png

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I converted one of my long dresses. Think I tried to be too clever here! Spent most of this morning trying to get the dress between G2F and the chair. Lot more work to do though.
Drapes nicely though.

That's very nice! I don't know if you can do this in DS, but in Poser the best way to get the dress to drape nicely on the chair is to animate the chair into position after selecting it as a collision object.

In Poser, I would move the chair back away from colliding with the mesh, set a keyframe there, then move the chair into the final position and set a keyframe. Then, as the model sits onto the chair, the dress drapes properly onto the chair.

If the chair is colliding with the mesh at any point in the process the software proceeds to ignore the chair completely.

Perhaps that will help.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
There was a thread at DAZ forums but of course due to their strict and stupid rules the thread was banished into limbo. There were many many image examples of the script working just beautifully. I am still very much looking forward to the other plugin that's being developed but I have put that script in my 'Rosity cart and hopefully will have some free time at some point to see what I can do with it. Looks like some of my Dawn designs might finally have some natural draping that I can make use of rather than trying to create it in ZBrush by hand! YAY!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would be curious to know if anyone has tried any of my dynamics in DS with this script. If so, and there's problems, let me know what and I will see about finding ways to fix them.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Drapes nicely though.

View attachment 3596

What I try to do, Wendy, is load everything into the scene at Frame 0, and then I go to Frame 30 and do all the positioning and posing/setup work.

That way, when you go back to Frame 0 to convert the cloth and set up the simulation, things seem to drape a little bit better. It doesn't work perfectly, or at least not for me while I'm still missing the more advanced controls (I will get those installed when I update to 4.9), but it does seem to help quite a bit for the draping process if everything is completely at zero state on Frame 0.

I do love how that one spreads around on the floor! That's such a pretty dress, too. :)

Oh! Another thing - the polo drape up above - I returned the smoothing and Sub-D mesh resolution to it once I had a drape I was happy with. It really does look nice that way. :D

[Edit] And apparently, Hannah would not leave me alone. So, Wendy, this was the finalized render with your dress. :D

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Last edited:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Drapes nicely though.

View attachment 3596

Like Seliah said, get the scene set up about 30 frames down the line. Also. Put your chair or whatever you're going to have the figure touch and the clothing collide against in the frame, but back away from the figure, then move it in. With a chair you have it come up from behind, and make sure you leave some space between chair and figure to allow for the cloth to fit, otherwise it won't work. (at least these are tips for Poser dynamics, I can't see that the DS way would be much different in this regard.)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks good Seliah and Wilmap....

@Ram...I was thinking about this but want to look at the EULA and see what happens with the script before doing anything.