• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Sure are, Richard, I've got a swag of them myself that I converted to conforming. All sitting in my runtime waiting for me to use them properly for the first time :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Which raises the question of dealing with items built for a different figure. The majority of the dynamics, and certainly the freebies out there were built for V4. I doubt that I'll ever be using V4 again. And generally I'm using a fairly heavily morphed Genesis figure. Things like kid morphs in particular. How well does a random V4 dynamic item deal with, say, Young Teen Julie?

Cybrea

I would certainly like to see how the Evenstar dress works in Studio That spread skirt looks like it might be a deal-breaker.
Or maybe not.

@JOdel Here is the Evenstar dress. Large skirts work great, just need to add a ground prop to drape them on. The very large sleeves on this one work best on poses where the arms are further away from the body. Also make sure to add the smoothing modifier and set Dawn as collision item.

evenstar.png

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
ooooooooooooo :)
Everyone has been busy, love all the renders and they all look good,
i just tried my first drape, not sure I have done it right though as I have been lazy and just clicked on stuff, lol done smooth and collision and draped across 30 frames, I wanna see if i can save the dyn prop as uncompressed and look at the script to see if i can alter the weight/density, it needs to be lighter material.
dress is the alice dress remade in MD this morning for G3f, my iray shader factory for mats
upload_2016-2-10_18-47-39.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It looks like this DS script is working pretty well. Now DS users will be able to do dynamic cloth too. :)

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Looking good in here...I only have 4.8 on my computer...and really to be honest I don't know how to use DS all that well..

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And that's the problem ... I do not get that menu chain ... Edit> Figure> Rigging ... but no Convert Figure to Prop. This is DS 4.9 I am working in, by the way.

Not sure where it would be inside of 4.9, sorry! I'll know soon enough, I guess, as I'm going to NEED to update to 4.9 if I want to be able to use the more advanced dynamic controls plugin...

Looking good in here...I only have 4.8 on my computer...and really to be honest I don't know how to use DS all that well..

That's all I've been using up to now. The test render I posted earlier of Blake with the draped shirt was done in 4.8/3DL.

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Not sure where it would be inside of 4.9, sorry! I'll know soon enough, I guess, as I'm going to NEED to update to 4.9 if I want to be able to use the more advanced dynamic controls plugin...
It's on the context menu (three horizontal lines at top right of a pane), not from the 'menu menu' :)

Not exactly a stupendous test, but ... this is one of the free Poser dynamic items from Grappo over at 'rosity (free dynamic fantasy set for v4), on Dawn in Felis by Sparky mode.
The cat is no longer away.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's really nice, Simon. And I had to laugh out loud when I saw who was peaking through the balustrade :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Woohoo...love the renders. I've bought it and I'm have a quick go...didn't see Seliah's great instructions until after I started though so I just did a quick pose of the figure at 15 frames