• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Uh oh is right, Miss B :( It's two weeks yesterday since I last used it and my brain has lost the plot. I'm sure it was at my desk here on the boat but, it's not there and I can't remember putting it anywhere else. It's certainly not back in my wallet where it should be. Sigh.

Lorraine

Panic's over, boat looks like a bomb went off, found numerous misplaced items AND MY CARD! What a wally. I had tucked it into a drawer, 'just in case' is my guess but I don't really know, you miss your brain when it goes missing :whistling: Sorry about the kerfuffle but thank you for the support. Off to buy the script!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
So glad you found it...nothing worse...the panic sets in and all logic goes out the window!

Lorraine

You are so RIGHT, Sanbie! My brain just stopped being able to function properly and and I got so upset. Even after I found it I was exhausted. Anyway, after a time I was able to think straight and I've now got and installed the script. Time to play...fingers crossed :)

Lorraine

IT WORKS!!!!! Used Lully's Frills and Spills dress for Luna and Everyday pose # and look at it...perfect. Man, this is so cool. Edit: I changed the image, I got the lighting wrong!

dyn dress 3.jpg

Last edited:

Lorraine

Thank you Sanbie...I have changed the image cos I got the lighting all wrong and the poor girl had mottled skin.

Lorraine

Thank you, Seliah :) My gosh, I am so rapt with this! And thank you so much for your instructions for Simon...they were a godsent!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Seliah :) My gosh, I am so rapt with this! And thank you so much for your instructions for Simon...they were a godsent!

Aww, you're welcome, Lorraine. I'm glad it helped. :D Bear in mind those are only the instructions for taking a conforming cloth item and getting it turned into dynamic. It does not work the same way for items that start out as a prop (I will have to look that method up again myself.)

The vendor really did do a great job with their documentation, too.

Lorraine

Well, I just missed out the bit about converting to a prop and carried on with your instructions. The dress was a poser dynamic and the process of turning it into a DS dynamic just worked beautifully. I've already put one of Lully's dresses for Dawn into my cart for next week :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I would certainly like to see how the Evenstar dress works in Studio That spread skirt looks like it might be a deal-breaker.

Or maybe not.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, I just missed out the bit about converting to a prop and carried on with your instructions. The dress was a poser dynamic and the process of turning it into a DS dynamic just worked beautifully. I've already put one of Lully's dresses for Dawn into my cart for next week :)

Right, but what I meant is taking something like a simple cloth prop (such as tablecloth) to use. Ie, a simple prop item (not one intended for use as Poser dynamic) and making it dynamic. I will pull up the documentation again before I do that.

I would certainly like to see how the Evenstar dress works in Studio That spread skirt looks like it might be a deal-breaker.

Or maybe not.

I think with the advanced dynamic controls, it could be managed just fine, Jodel. My dumb move was forgetting to download the 4.8 version of those advanced controls... which.. means i am now goign to HAVE to upgrade to 4.9 if I want to be able to use the more advanced wind/gravity/etc dynamic cloth controls on these items... ah, well, I suppose I can always just tell 4.9 to bugger off and work "offline" since i won't be using Connect stuff anyway. LOL

Lorraine

thanks Miss B, yes it's Rayne morph, still in my freestuff at rendo.

Another test. I think it's working as good as Poser for me.
Darcy Dress. Materials from Iray Shader Factory.
HDRI lighting was a holiday daz freebie FWSA soft light probes.

View attachment 3397

Not sure why I missed this, Cybrea, but it's lovely! The Darcy dress is sitting in my cart waiting for next week. It was always my favourites for Lully's dresses and now I can get it!