• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Where To Find Faveral's Products

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, I used to like being a PC/PC+ member, but those days are long gone.
Yeah I regained control of my credit card when they stopped offering product for Poser. Even their freebies, which for a while made membership bearable, were useless for me. I am saving sooooooo much money!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
FYI ... Jack Tomalin (DAZ PA) included wall mounted antlers with his fabulous Kelly Lodge (Poser/DS).

View attachment 45885

Correction: Kelly Lodge is by Faveral.
And I love Faveral's work. Have many of his early pieces for the dogs and the trapper props. I wish he had also made outfits for the Mil figures with as much incredible detail to use those props with. Haven't seen much new work from him of late. Is he still at DAZ and Renderosity?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, it does add to the number of polys in the scene. And I don't know about hiding/deleting them in the geometry editor (which sounds like a recipe for messing something up, but good), but it is easy enough to do. And even if when you reopen the scene if the hidden part of the model is visible again, it's on the other side of the wall. So no harm done unless you have windows in your fireplace or wherever.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Faveral is still at DAZ. Don't know about Rendo. He's been producing very large complex sets so they come out fairly rarely. Or spectacular modular systems like the MICK sets for building medieval interiors.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I loved his earlier works. got the stagecoaches with 2, 4 and 6 horse teams. I begged him to create an add-on covered prairie wagon with accessories that the teams could be added to or with an oxen set similar to what Lynn released when she gave us the beautiful bovine set bur he never went that way moving eventually to his medieval markets and stuff we are most familiar with. I am glad I picked up the earlier stuff when available. I wish content creators would never remove their stuff from stores. It may not be popular or needed now but mifgt in the future.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Of which stagecoach are you speaking? The RHS? I have that. When I go to the store page, it says it's a DAZ O.

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Redhouse isn't Faveral. know that Faveral still has his western bric-a-brack in the store. But I don't remember stagecoaches. Ships, yes, but not coaches.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Redhouse isn't Faveral. know that Faveral still has his western bric-a-brack in the store. But I don't remember stagecoaches. Ships, yes, but not coaches.

That's what I thought. I wasn't aware of any other western coaches from further back than when that one was released. It was a big deal at the time, as was the texture add-on for it. I knew about the various villages (have at least one myself) and the Nautical bundle and ships.

Dana

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I was just over there and looked.....NO....SCOURED......through the store and my order history and I for the life of me, could not find Faverals Trapper Gear. I looked under his name and DAZ Originals with no result.
Is anyone familiar with this set? I OWN IT! I could have swon I got it at DAZ....there were two parts but nothing.
Not being in my download history doesn't always surprise me because I was purchasing at DAZ before it was DAZ and still Zygote so anything I purchased before DAZ implemented their Order history online for customers does not appear in that.There have been many instances where Customer Service has had to scour their other older data bases to find my orders so they could place them in my on-line history.

When I checked under Faveral there were many items He created that but also did not appear in his store like the Fairytale set: STICKS, BRICKS and STONE houses for the 3 little pigs there. For whatever reason I wonder if the Trapper Kit was handled the same way?
Never did like the damn search engines in some of these stores. Not very well overlaid with multiple alternative search criteria. Really frustrating especially if you don't remember the ACTUAL product name like STOCKS, BRICKS and STONE instead of Fairytale Piggies Houses. :(

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I got a set by Faveral called "Trapper Kit" from PoserPro. It included the following: Bullet Bag, Canoe and Paddle, Creel, Hatchet, Knife, Pack Basket, Pistol, Powder Horn, Rifle and Sheath.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yeah, FlintHawk that is the kit and sounds like one of the two. There was a canoe and native baskets and furs and stuff too I think in Kit 2.
Funny thing is I got and was sure it was from DAZ and no longer there. I realized ding a google search it was at Renderoity and searched my purchases going all the way back and.....of course neither of the two kits I know I have because I have been using them A LOT!......are nowhere in my order history to be found. Never having purchased anything at PoserPro I am pretty certain 99.99% it wasn't there.....so, where is it?
I posted a ticket at DAZ asking if they can check their older archives for hard copies of my purchases and if found please place the items in my digital order history so I can DL them again. Apparently because I started buying stuff at DAZ before it was DAZ (Zygote) it took a long time and hundreds of orders before thy instituted the on-line customer order history to simplify re-downloading purchases which was great but did not incorporate older purchases. I have had to request many many times for their help tracking stuff down for m to get them made available again which I am sure they hate as much as I do. I only regret no having gotten the whole Trapper set beyond set 1 & 2.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Vendors do move stuff. Or release products at more than one store. I remember that DM's sets used to jump back and forth between DAZ and Rendo fairly regularly. Both Trapper Kits were at Rendo when I finally found them.

My purchase dates for the Trapper Kits were both in 2010. I don't think they were new products even then. (Just checked. The creation dates of the .objs for both sets are displayed as 2004.) Kit 2 has the dog sled, snowshoes, pelts, and traps. The canoe, weapons, and fishing gear is in Kit 1.

I'm not sure there was anything more in that series than Kit 1&2.

I suppose it would be possible to contact the artist, since he's still an active vendor over at DAZ. But I'm not sure the products would be available anywhere. Some vendors pull old products because the textures are too low-res to reflect well on the artist in current context.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I can see pulling figures and conforming accessories but this work is not low res and beautifully made valuable accessories I use ALL THE TIME even in Poser 11. I really believe if sales are down it is in my opinion is a failure to promote them or even something as simple as bringing them forward in the Que or creating banners for everyone to see from time to time what is what.
Just had a long discourse with a content creator leaving the Poser community because he is sick of creating stuff and getting no sales.
I tried to encourage staying and just reworking th suff to reflect more contemporary ideals.
He does not texture the stuff well, supports none of his pieces with updates or accessories or add-ons, , doesn't get testers to work out the bugs before distributing/selling, never adheres to Poser methodology for heiararchy, functionality etc., always creates toonish figures and has never even attempted to create stuff a bit more realistic trying to convince me and himself that that is the extent of his skills which is bull and obvious when looking at props and accessories for established figures. And he wonders his stuff doesn't sell!

Iif I could create my own content and decide to sell it I would NEVER settle for less then the best that could be done by me. Research the market and market his goods when finally done and that should help quite bit. He states he has trie posting on forums asking for what people want to see and gets no response. I think that is the wrong way to go about it.

Start a project get it to WIP in progress mode to where it is starting to look good and THEN post it in a few forums to guage potential consumer response. He like so many potential content creators or better put, content creators with potential seem so content to swallow the mule and choke on the tail. I find it frustrating especially seeing th kills demonstrating to get them where they are.

Faveral creates GREAT work and it is sad he pulls good work from stores because some sale go down. These items are accessories that are not necessarily dated by application or character perameters. I can see if they stop working effectively in certain versions which would entail a little reworking but to remove them and not replace them with something better sucks!

Oh well, sorry for the rant. Am having a bad day. Too many things have ben going wrong for me today and am a bit PISSED OFF!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I understand (and may be wrong, or out of date) that Rendo's clearance policy is that when a product's sales drop below a certain number over a given length of time, it goes into Clearance at a permanent 35% off. If the sales don't improve they remove it from the store, although the store page with a notice that the product is unavailable stays around for a while longer.

I don't *think* the products were in Cleance when I bought them in 2010. But they might have been. And yes, I agree they are beautifully made.

I think that maybe the reason that he didn't move the kits to DAZ when Rendo cleared them is that they were old enough that DAZ had already moved on to Genesis figures and these were if anything designed for something much earlier. (Not that I remember them coming with poses, which would have been a bit awkward.)

A pity he didn't offer them to DAZ for buy-outs since I think they'd have been splendid in the PC collection. But I am a complete outsider so I don't know what anybody's reasoning was.

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
But I think they WERE in fact moved to DAZ because even though they do NOT appear in my DAZ purchase history they also do NOT appear in my Renderosiy purchase history which is newer overall(keep in midh there was NO RENDEROSITY when I started purchasing Poser product at Zygote) further enforcing my belief I got them from DAZ. I have tried contacting DAZ Support with this asking these products be placed in my order history( of course after a search in their order archive to see I did in fact purchase them BEFORE the site digital purchase records were implemented and have gotten NO response.

What is curious to me is why did DAZ buy RDNA older stuff for Poser but stop supporting Poser!
Makes absolutely NO GOOD BUSINESS SENSE to me. They already had a captive market (LITERALLY holding my credit card captive for Poser stuff and I bought thousands of dollars worth in those years!) and therefore didn't have to relearn anything to cater to it. Just adding D/S to their already strong portfolio would have been the way to go.

I see stuff on sale at Rendo ALL the time and am never sure if it is for selling more stuff at a lower proice or because they are discontinuing it and therefore hoping to get as much as they can.I wish they would tell us a few weeks or so that "these products will be discontinued FOREVER in 30 days and you have 30 days to pick them up at these great low prices instead of the price drops offers that are not always reality. I get offers in my newsletter for this or that I have in my wishlist being reduced to $3.00. So, of course I rush over to pick it up only to find that I have to be a member of their special buyer plan to get it for $3.00 otherwise it is $13.00 or not on sale at all!

Last edited: