• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

when I click on the home button I get this....

Stezza

Dances with Bees
when clicking on the Home button top left on the menu bar.... :eek:

1655169989752.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WHOA! I just got a warning page as well in my up-to-date Firefox I'll point Alisa here as I'm sure she'll be able to get in touch with Chris to see what can be done about it.

robert952

Brilliant
Interesting. This page is secured based on the HTTPS pre-fix of the URL(as are the other pages). Interesting the home page isn't secured.
A couple of web pages (facebook and homedepot) have been acting strangely for me since latest Google up date.
Hope someone can look into the matter.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Since Lisa's passing last year, we are still trying to come up with site admin status and such.

This is all on me. I've got a recent email into GoDaddy to gain access. Waiting to hear back, now that I should have enough company identification for them.

I may have to start a new customers ticket with them to get a proper response.

That's for your continued patience.

robert952

Brilliant
Since Lisa's passing last year, we are still trying to come up with site admin status and such.

This is all on me. I've got a recent email into GoDaddy to gain access. Waiting to hear back, now that I should have enough company identification for them.

Thanks for the update. If I trust the site, I usually ignore the message and go ahead anyway. But, I don't visit the home page too often.

I probably speak for others when I say we appreciate the work you're doing.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.

Hey it's Vask. Drop me a msg if you need any help on the tech side w/ anything.

It can be software dependent if the problem is a mis-match between local and remote root certificates. Firefox and the Firefox-based Pale Moon keep their own local store of root certificates, which can be useful in such a situation. Other browsers do not, and thus fail.

However the message here does not suggest root certificate problems. It looks like the site's local SSL certificate has been allowed to expire, even though the site is still public and online. A good browser will allow the user to make and set an exception on a per-site basis, usually after dire warnings about online banking.

The problem is still ongoing today. Most hosts offer a free SSL certificate with the rental of the server space. All it probably needs is for someone to access the host control panel and click a button to update the (annual?) certificate.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I'm guessing that's why there are no new users to this site...

I'd be backtracking quick smart if I came across it... heck, I'm even wary of it now and knowing it's supposed to be ok :cool:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I spoke to Alisa about this, and IIRC, she's been in touch with Chris about it, but I don't know what's actually been done about it.

As far as no new users, yes there have been quite a few, as I watch that list specifically since I have access to it. In that case, the folks who have been coming here of late are not confirming their email address, which is necessary, so they haven't been listed as new members. They've been able to log on a few times, but are probably only interested in Dawn 2, so not bothering to confirm their email address, so they aren't "officially" new members.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
The forum SSL certificate expired also on July 25 2022 , beside the main domain.
Screenshot_2022-08-15-09-35-47-204.jpg

Both certificates need to be renewed .

GoDaddy is difficult to work or deal with .
The main domain will expire in less than 6 months , and it will be impossible to recover without buying it back for a lot of money from GoDaddy, domains that runs for longer than 10 years are very costly .

I Hope Chris gain back the account access ASAP. It is not simple task to transfer it . The best way would be to gain the log in information and change the credentials reflecting the new holder of the account in place of deal with GoDaddy with transfer. Too much bureaucracy .

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Maybe that’s the plan… to let it expire as there doesn’t seem to be any interest in fixing it. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
What makes you think there's no interest in fixing it? Our forum would die then, and where would we go to hang out with our friends????

Besides, just because the HiveWire 3D store has moved to Renderosity, doesn't mean we can't have a good forum, which it's been, and will continue to be, as long as Chris and Paul keep us updated about new products. It's quiet now because Dawn 2.0 isn't fully in the final stages. Once she is, and folks start creating goodies for her, this forum will be alive again.

Then there will be Dusk 2.0, and Baby Luna 2.0, and other new products that will keep us busy here on the forum.

Miss B

CV-BEE
because it hasn't been fixed :inverted:

and if it doesn't get fixed the site may eventually not work.

we hope it doesn't break and disappear but.... :coding:
I believe they're in negotiations to get it working, but since I've never encountered this sort of issue with any of my sites, I don't know what's required to get it fixed. It's possible it's not something you can't just snap your fingers to fix, and that's why it's not done yet.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just a couple of mouse clicks to confirm ownership basically ... understandable that this can take several months to do :whistling:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
just a couple of mouse clicks to confirm ownership basically ... understandable that this can take several months to do :whistling:
Not so fast , if the domain and account was registered by another person , it is not easy task to transfer it , lots of bureaucracy . Not just couple of clicks if you don't have any access to the account. They don't care if the domain has the same name as your company . I go through this issues with them for months and never resolved so I linked my website to another domain .

There is still time of 6 months to fix it or lose it .
I was actually talking to Chris about that today , he is on it but still not response to his last letter. That's how they operate .
I moved my business somewhere else .

It is unfortunate situation , helpfully get resolved soon .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It's possible it's not something you can't just snap your fingers to fix
If the owner of the account passed away without leaving behind any log in information or set an additional Administrator, it is not an easy task . Other way Chris would just log in and pay the bills and problem solved .
Now probably they ask for any sort of verifications and stuff to decide if they will or not give him an access . It is really messed up situation .

Stezza

Dances with Bees
well, if you have log in details for admin's emails ect then maybe just ask for a password reminder at the daddy :whistling:

1660882020847.png