• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

When I am not in my Poser world.

Hornet3d

Wise
A nice time of year and we are getting some sunny days, not only that but we have the time to enjoy the garden which is really beginning to bloom.

P6034430 HW.jpg
P6034432  HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Despite the almost constant rain for the best part of ten days in the UK our front garden is beginning to match the back garden.

P6164436 HW.jpg

What a shame I cannot grow blooms the likes of the Lisa's Botanicals with textures from NapalmArsenal (which I have filled my runtime with thanks to the present sale) in real life. Still the purple bee loving plant we planted a year or so ago has gone mad and can often be seen with ten or so bees visiting at any one time.

Hornet3d

Wise
Looking very good Hornet. I'm especially liking the tree.

Thanks. Ours is one of the few in the street with any vegetation as most have had the whole of the front block paved, there are a couple with hedges but that is about it. We had our tarmac driveway dug up and block paving laid earlier this but, while we did have a slightly enlarged driveway and a path, we wanted to keep at least 50% as garden. We both feel it is nice to have a some greenery or splash of colour when you leave home and again when you return, sort of seems inviting. The tree, a miniature pear tree, is about twenty years old and we pay to have it pruned each year. They guys do a great job and during the summer it has a lovely shape looking very much like a giant mushroom. The only downside the mess in the autumn when the leaves drop, still it is only for about month and easily dealt with using a leaf blower.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, it's a pear tree, I never would've guessed. Miniature or not, I like the shape of the leaves, and as you put it, the mushroom shape of the tree.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ohhh, it's a pear tree, I never would've guessed. Miniature or not, I like the shape of the leaves, and as you put it, the mushroom shape of the tree.

Trees in general are not very common sight in gardens here and the pear trees even less so. I will have to remember to post another picture in a few months time when it starts to grow the fruit it really is a miniature pear often less than and inch in size. Before that we have masses of white flowers similar to apple blossom.

DanaTA

Distinguished
We have a pear tree just at the border of our property...put there by the HOA. I thought it was just an ornamental tree, but the last couple of Autumns it has borne fruit. But the pears are small, no more than an inch or inch and a half. The American Robins loved them, though. I didn't know they ate anything other than worms and insects. They were all over this tree last September! And there were some deer that were coming by to eat cherries across the street, where the pond is. And I came home one night to find a deer with antlers under the pear tree. I loved it. He turned to look at me, as if to say, "Oh...it's you!" and then turned and mosied off. :rolleyes:

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
Another few shots of the garden. The Bamboo and Fuchsias (my wife's favourite) seem to have done well this year while the solar lights I planted do not seem to have grown at all:).

Sept Garden HW.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Solar lights are tricky to grow. You have to have the right soil conditions, the right amount of sunlight, and a watering schedule that is usually not adequate for the other growing things in your yard.