• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse issues

Stezza

Dances with Bees
also.. after following your instructions I had to add this field as it wasn't present in my DS.. v49

Did you add the field or was it selectable?

Curious

upload_2016-2-3_14-55-47.png

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm using DS 4.8 and it is available because I created it when I saved the first time. It just adds some metadata and is not really required.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Compatibility base info is used by smart content it's what tells DS to show things in the smart content tab for different items. At least that's my understanding...not sure if it's used in Categories also. I normally include it when saving as some people do like to use the smart content tab.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Did a bit more on the western bridle..

I opened the Poser bridle version in DS then exported using the settings illustrated by CG Cubed

I can load it onto Harry now in Carrara.. The morphs are working but I can't use the poses, the reins have to be done manually.. I may try to resave some poses using same method to see what happens..

upload_2016-2-7_18-12-21.png

Has anyone noticed that you can only shorten the right rein on the bridle? In DAZ studio there is a ReinLengthRight slider but no corresponding ReinLengthLeft one.