• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse issues

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
ummm, I have a problem with my copy of the tack (Daz), I don't have any of the rein settings it shows in Alisa's video (which I notice is Poser). The supplied poses all work for the rest of the product except the reigns.

(Sorry I don't know the procedure to ask regarding problems.)

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
ummm, I have a problem with my copy of the tack (Daz), I don't have any of the rein settings it shows in Alisa's video (which I notice is Poser). The supplied poses all work for the rest of the product except the reigns.

(Sorry I don't know the procedure to ask regarding problems.)
No Worries, Select the Bridle and in the parameters tab expand the Bridle category.
!WesternBridle.JPG

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Just purchased this product but unfortunately it just crashes out Carrara when I load the bridle using Daz's DUF..

this problem doesn't happen with the bridle from the Classic tack so something must be amiss with this new one..

The Poser format one can't be used in Carrara as none of the poses work for Harry unless you want a totally deformed creature..

Hopefully it is a minor problem that can be fixed.... otherwise it is useless to me...

Can someone look into it please.... been waiting for this for a while now :-(

upload_2016-1-27_16-24-17.png

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Just purchased this product but unfortunately it just crashes out Carrara when I load the bridle using Daz's DUF..

this problem doesn't happen with the bridle from the Classic tack so something must be amiss with this new one..

The Poser format one can't be used in Carrara as none of the poses work for Harry unless you want a totally deformed creature..

Hopefully it is a minor problem that can be fixed.... otherwise it is useless to me...

Can someone look into it please.... been waiting for this for a while now :-(

View attachment 2807
Hi Stezza,
The only difference I can tell immediately is that the Classic Tack was made in DAZ Studio 4.6 & 4.7. versions prior to Iray. The Western Tack was made in 4.8. The rigging is almost identical with the exception of the brow brushes and reins but nothing out of the ordinary was done with erc. While currently we do not support Carrara, I will do some more investigating to see if anything else could be the cause.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hi Folks,

As a reminder and to insure we can resolve issues in a timely matter, please use the Help tab in the store, to file a support ticket. We may not see issues posted in the forum, right away.

Thanks

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks CG, I'll do that now.
I don't have Actor at all for the Western Tack (I do in the Classic).

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Hi Stezza,
The only difference I can tell immediately is that the Classic Tack was made in DAZ Studio 4.6 & 4.7. versions prior to Iray. The Western Tack was made in 4.8. The rigging is almost identical with the exception of the brow brushes and reins but nothing out of the ordinary was done with erc. While currently we do not support Carrara, I will do some more investigating to see if anything else could be the cause.

Thanks for looking....

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've moved these issues to the feedback forum. As Paul noted, we're looking into these issues for you both.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Rae, can you please try to reinstall the DS files? Attached is what you should be seeing. Let me know if this resolves things for you :)

Bridle DS.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I've moved these issues to the feedback forum. As Paul noted, we're looking into these issues for you both.

Thanks..

FYI - loading the bridle on its own with nothing else in the scene also crashes Carrara

I can load the Poser version of the bridle onto the Poser version of Harry but can't use the poses as Harry comes out like scrambled eggs!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Stezza :) I'll pass that on to Paul. That's all in Carrara, correct?

By the way, Rae re-installed and all is working as it should for her :)

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks..

FYI - loading the bridle on its own with nothing else in the scene also crashes Carrara

I can load the Poser version of the bridle onto the Poser version of Harry but can't use the poses as Harry comes out like scrambled eggs!
Saddle works ok though?
I'm installing Carrara 8 on my newest machine, so I can troubleshoot.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I installed Carrara 8 pro version 8.1.1.12 64 bit and the western bridle works without crashing.
I was able to use the rein controls and brow brush controls without issue. Perhaps a reinstall of Carrara or western tack?
upload_2016-2-1_13-46-37.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
You loaded the Poser version.. ? as I mentioned b4 I can also load the Poser version up but can't pose Harry without him coming out like scrambled eggs..

I have Carrara 8.5 Pro and use the DUF DS version of Harry and western bridle ect which crashes out Carrara.. Your version of Carrara doesn't load DUF files.

But seeing you have the Poser version loaded, add it to Harry and pose him and see if it works ;-)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
So I played around a bit... I loaded Poser Harry into DS and saved him as a DUF

then loaded him up into Carrara and used the Poser supplied poses on him and they worked.. but none of the morphs work
and ... none of the tack would successfully load onto him..
upload_2016-2-2_17-14-47.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
DUF version of Harry with classic saddle and bridle and posed in Carrara 8.5 Pro - no crashes

upload_2016-2-2_17-26-5.png

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sorry, there is no option in Carrara 8.1 pro, to import .duf files at all. I can convert to dae or fbx but i'm not sure that will convert well. Can you load the .duf version of the horse and the Poser version of the bridle?

All I can do is look at the .duf and .dsf files to compare bridles to see what is different in the code. I won't be able to test since I do not have the latest Carrara version.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Stezza, I've looked at the two .duf files and the only major difference is the shaders. The Classic bridle uses the Ubersurface. The Western bridle uses the default DAZ Studio Shader. Could you try changing the Western Bridle to the Uber Surface in DS, then save as a new .duf and test in Carrara 8.5?

To change the shaders quickly, load the western Bridle in DS, select the surfaces tab and select all the surfaces. In the content tab go to the shader presets and CTRL click the Uber surface base. In the dialog select all and ignore. See image.
Capture.JPG

Then save the western Bridle as "Western Bridle 2" and use the following settings.
Capture 2.JPG

Try this in Carrara 8.5 pro.

Let me know if this solves the crash issue. Thanks

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Thanks CG Cubed... did as you instructed but alas.. it still crashes on loading..

as a temp work around I will use the classic bridle and use the western textures on it

if I was to guess I reckon it has something to do with them tassles on the western bridle and the way DS bones them..

oh well.. here is Harry with western saddle, classic bridle with western bridle textures.. :unsure:

upload_2016-2-3_14-49-28.png