• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Well Dressed Asian male....

eclark1894

Visionary
Wow, it's been almost two weeks since I took a small break on this. So anyway, got the cheongsam knot done. and now, I'm getting back to work on this.

blender knot.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm not happy with those pants, especially in the crotch area. I think I might take a Marvelous designer type approach to it from now on and use patterns as opposed to the way i tend to do it now and let Shrinkwrap do the haevy lifting. I'm beginning to think that's the lazy way to do it and it shows. Same with the shoes.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

eclark1894

Visionary
Thought I'd try for something simple but original. Trying to keep in line with the reference pic I posted here. The jacket will be a simple red silk with a Gold Dragon design on it. I've been working on the dragon all week in GIMP. Had to paint it gold by hand. I'm trying to see if I can remove the white back ground and just have a Tranparent background. I don't know if i can. I don't think GIMP thinks white is a color, or i did something wrong trying to select it.

dragonball.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't played in Gimp in a long time, and then I didn't do much in it, but it's not too difficult in Photoshop.

Good job on the dragon, BTW, or is that your reference image? That should look nice on a red silk jacket. ;)

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thought I'd try for something simple but original. Trying to keep in line with the reference pic I posted here. The jacket will be a simple red silk with a Gold Dragon design on it. I've been working on the dragon all week in GIMP. Had to paint it gold by hand. I'm trying to see if I can remove the white back ground and just have a Tranparent background. I don't know if i can. I don't think GIMP thinks white is a color, or i did something wrong trying to select it.

View attachment 31408
Is that a dragonball?