• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Well Dressed Asian male....

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, continuing on from that discussion, those "buttons" are "frog closures" and are usually knots (but some have a toggle like button) and come in a range of wonderful styles from simple to really elaborate.
snail_frog_lg.jpg Frog833-Silver002-700.jpg fg311-nx105D276blk.jpg fg235-leafgd61125.jpg 797ad50d5e274ff537955b42e80a5097.jpg (thumbnails, click to view larger)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The middle one in the top row is the kind I used to see all the time, though the one to the right of it looks very nice.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Most of them I would consider Chinese or Asian. If you go into China Town here in Melbourne there is a shop that sells the cord to make them and iirc also has some for sale.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The middle one in the top row is the kind I used to see all the time, though the one to the right of it looks very nice.
The black one? I'm pretty sure looking at it again is the same or really close to one I have on a coat :D

EDITED to add: I don't know how I didn't see it before but I was right, its close :p (thumbnail, click to view larger). It also has the pair on the back without the knot and loop as a decoration in the small of the back.
RaesFrog.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Right, couldn't remember off hand what it was called, but I figured Blender had to have something like that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The black one? I'm pretty sure looking at it again is the same or really close to one I have on a coat :D

EDITED to add: I don't know how I didn't see it before but I was right, its close :p (thumbnail, click to view larger). It also has the pair on the back without the knot and loop as a decoration in the small of the back.
That's pretty Rae.

eclark1894

Visionary
Woke up this morning and using one of the pics Rae posted yesterday, the one with the toggles, I did a quick button model, or at least half of it. Minus the toggle. I think I did a pretty good job, but after looking at the buttons on this jacket, I'm going to opt for something less ornate. I'm going to do a little more tonight when I get home from work, then I'll post a screen shot of where I'm at. Might have to make Dusk some pants first.:sneaky:

-Men-Tang--Man-Jacket-Winter-Man-Coat-Long-Sleeve-Chinese-Style.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you have sculpting tools in Blender Earl? I would start with a square and smooth it and then do an extrude with symmetry turned on for the sides and use some inflate and dam std to get it to look like it. I'm not sure what tools there are in Blender though.

eclark1894

Visionary
Do you have sculpting tools in Blender Earl? I would start with a square and smooth it and then do an extrude with symmetry turned on for the sides and use some inflate and dam std to get it to look like it. I'm not sure what tools there are in Blender though.
I actually found a video to show me what to do. Unfortunately, it's getting kind of late and I don't want to start on it now, so I'll save it till tomorrow.

eclark1894

Visionary
Please recall this is a WIP and only after about 2 days. Otherwise I'd love hear anything constructive. Oh yeah, I got rid of Dusk's eyelashes because for some reason they really annoy me and were just messing with me too much. I wish I could sculpt I'd make Dusk Asian as well. This is the jacket style Cheongsam. I'm making pants to go along with this, but there will be a separate long skirt style to go with it. I'm not a rigger. At least not a really good one. So for now, this may all be Dynamic, but I'm willing to give rigging a try, unless something else comes up.

WIP.png

Last edited: