• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

“We are all in this together.” Render Challenge

Globnaut

Inspired
Actually, the rules listed in the first post on Page 1, states "No more than 3 images per person". I don't know how many more you plan to enter, so if you're not planning on any others, then I can include the second view. If you are planning to enter more renders, then I'll just use the first/main view for now.

I wasn't planning to enter any more, so go ahead and use the second one as well. Thanks!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Terrific renders everyone.

Here is an update for the Easter textures removing the year from them. This folder only contains the textures not the mats. You will need to order them through the store for the product to be complete.

EasterForLongSleeve1.3.zip

Is it okay to use non-Hivewire figures as long as we use as least three products from the store category? The idea I have requires other figures from other places and some real thinking outside the box to get everything required together in one scene. LOL You'll see what I mean if I manage to finish and post it. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll have to have Lisa respond to your question, though if you're using 3 of the products in the category, I don't think she'll have an issue with it. I'd just prefer to make sure.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Is it okay to use non-Hivewire figures as long as we use as least three products from the store category? The idea I have requires other figures from other places and some real thinking outside the box to get everything required together in one scene. LOL You'll see what I mean if I manage to finish and post it. :)

Yes, it’s absolutely okay to use whatever is in your Runtime library as long as you use at least three items from the category.

Looking forward to what you create!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for stepping in and confirming what I thought Lisa. I, too, am looking forward to seeing what Dream9Studios creates. :)

Yes, it’s absolutely okay to use whatever is in your Runtime library as long as you use at least three items from the category.

Looking forward to what you create!

Yay, thank you! I've been working on it all night because my muse just wouldn't let me sleep; too many ideas that need expressing! I've had this "we're all in this together" idea in my head for a while but couldn't figure out how to make it work for the contest until last night. I just hope it qualifies. It uses, in a rather creative way if I do say so, I think four or five products from the store category. :D I hope to have it finished in a few hours. I can't wait to show you all and I hope you all won't be disappointed!

Meant to post this earlier... fell asleep while "resting my eyes". I apologize for that! I see everyone was waiting...

Oh wait, I'm suppose to DOWNPLAY expectations, aren't I? LOL Whoops! Anyways, here's my entry. I've had this idea stuck in my head ever since the theme of the contest was announced but couldn't figure out how to use anything from the themed product category in my idea... UNTIL YESTERDAY! Even if it doesn't end up counting, you've got to give me some points for creativity. :D Oh, and Zombie Dawn IS wearing clothing as I thought that was important to mention. She's wearing a tank top and short shorts in all three instances that are just made of dirty cloth that ended up blending in to her skin a bit. All three scenes were rendered by me. City skyline was a free stock photo used with permission from Unsplash that I edited and heavily blurred to fit the scene.

From the product category I used Strike a Cord, Zombie for Dawn, Creepier Trees, and Beanstalk. I call it "We're All In This Together - When things are at their darkest, remember we're all in this together and that we must lean on each other for support." :)
We're-All-In-This-Together-By-Dream9Studios.jpg