• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

URGENT-Help Needed

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I did not use a definition file at all. It gave me an error message that I should create one, I clicked OK and the program did its thing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
SUCCESS!!! I got it to work.

OK, I think I found the problem when I was trying it earlier. As I mentioned in my post above, it seems to crap out in a certain spot, so when I was on the Input Step 1 - CR2 tab I scrolled down to the area where I thought the problem was after I parsed the file, and uncollapsed each of the items (5 of them), and the last one was listed in red rather than black like all the others. So that was the problem. This was with Vicky 4.2, and must be the .def file I downloaded from ShareCG from a link in Fantasies Attic thread.

Just now, however, I decided to try the Mike 4 .def file I downloaded from the same FA thread, only this one was at Renderosity. I scrolled down to the same area after parsing M4's CR2, and there's only 4 options and not 5, and this time it gave me my .pz2. WOOT!!

So that must be the problem. The person who created the V4.2 def file messed something up, so I would suggest you create your own, and then it should work.

Oh, and I had uninstalled and reinstalled, and I'm NOT running it in WinXP mode or as Administrator, so it's definitely NOT the software that's the problem.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I did not use a definition file at all. It gave me an error message that I should create one, I clicked OK and the program did its thing.
That's why you haven't had a problem. It's only that V4.2 def file everyone was downloading that was the problem, not the software.

This is a screenshot of the problem

DefFileProblem.png

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, turns out I was wrong. It's not the Def file that's the problem. The red text is in the V4.2 CR2 file. I don't know what to do about that.

As far as creating a new Def file for V4, it keeps telling me it's Invalid. I think I'm going to reinstall the one I had downloaded to begin with.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, when I got that error message and clicked OK, it took me to a dialog box to create it. It didn't do it automatically.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just wondering if you have Poser 11...it creates injections files via File/Export and it seems to do a good job. You do need to edit the version of Poser manually but everything else seems to work fine.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh OK. I didn't have a problem with Mike 4, so it's definitely the Vicky 4 CR2 that's the culprit.

ok I'll tell her that.I'll experiment with a different 1 that I have & see what happens.

-- both my V4 definitions give same error. How do you make new ones? I'm new to this- Spookie uses it more :)

Last edited:
Just wondering if you have Poser 11...it creates injections files via File/Export and it seems to do a good job. You do need to edit the version of Poser manually but everything else seems to work fine.

I use Poser 8,9, & 10 & DS 4.8 & 4.9 but Spookie has P11 but I don't think it's the Pro version not sure.She'll be peeking in I bet at some point today.

Miss B

CV-BEE
ok I'll tell her that.I'll experiment with a different 1 that I have & see what happens.

-- both my V4 definitions give same error. How do you make new ones? I'm new to this- Spookie uses it more :)
It's not the def files Rose, it's the CR2. If you are on the first Tab and click on the "Parse" button, when it finishes loading and you scroll down to the bottom of the list, that's where the problem is. You can see it in the screenshot I posted last night. It's not the definitions that's the problem, it's that option printed in red that's the problem, and causing INJ Magic to quit before finishing.

I had no problem with M4, and today I'm going to try a couple of others. I'm pretty sure it's the V4 CR2 that's the culprit, but I haven't a clue how to go about fixing it, as I'm sure there aren't any newer versions of V4 for download at DAZ. Hmmmm, I should check my downloads and see. Maybe it was updated at some point and came through DIM downloads, and I didn't realize it, so just backed it up.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, OK. I just don't have a clue why it's stopping at that specific point in the creation of the PZ2 file.

I did open V4's CR2 in my PFE, and I found the line where that amount is used for the initValue, and wondered if that was the problem, because on most parameters, I see either zero or 1, not decimal amounts. Again, I'm no expert in things like this, so don't know what else to suggest. Hopefully she'll have better luck with the fix she's working on.

Just decided Inj Magic is not worth the hassel and neither are using MR's that require custom morphs.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Just decided Inj Magic is not worth the hassel and neither are using MR's that require custom morphs.
Thanks for the help everyone.
You're welcome, but I wish I could figure out why V4 isn't working when M4 is. Also, I can't seem to create a Def file for Dawn either. It goes through the motions, but the morph data that should be saved in the file, isn't getting saved for some reason.

The screenshot on the left is what I get, and the screenshot on the right is part of a tutorial on how to create a Def file in INJ Magic. I give up. I have my first Pro version of Poser now, and I think, though haven't checked, that Joe/Netherworks has something in his Creator's ToyBox that can co this. You just peaked my interest, so decided to check it out.

CreateDefFile.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, there are other tools, but for the price, yes it would've been nice. It's just an old piece of software, and I think it just doesn't work as it should on the new Windows OS systems. I could be wrong, but I think something's missing for it to do all it's supposed to do (like making the Def files), with my Win7 Pro.

I have Joe's Creator's ToyBox, so I'm not worried. I may have used it on my old WinXP laptop when I first bought INJ Magic back in 2009 I think, but I know I hadn't installed it on this laptop when I got it 4 1/2 years ago, so had to go scrounging around on my external hard drive to find and install it.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Just out of curiosity I installed this just to have a look see, well I couldn't even got it to open. Kept tossing errors at me. I think it might be past its use by date :confused: Kinda sucks as it would have been handy to have