• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

URGENT-Help Needed

I tried helping with Injection Magic on Win7 64 bit (home premium) & also could not get it to work. We both tried tips in this thread http://thefantasiesattic.net/attic/index.php?topic=6189.0 & still no luck. We even tried setting compatibility to earlier versions of Windows-no luck.I can post a screengrab of the error message that we both get at the very end of the program.
injection magic error.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well ladies, I never installed Injection Magic on this laptop when I replaced my old one 4 1/2 years ago, but out of curiosity, I just checked, and I already have that file in my Windows/SysW0W64 folder. It's not in my Windows/System32 folder, and I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1.

I suppose I could install the software and see if it works, though I haven't gotten to the point where I would use it, which is probably why I never installed it. :lol:

Miss B totally up to you. I am about to the point of tossing the program in the bin and seeing if anyone can show me how to do it "by hand" instead...

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, well I just installed it and it's open and ready to work. I set it up for both Poser 9 and PoserPro 11. I'm not sure why you guys are having a problem.

Let me see if it installed that DLL file in the System32 folder.

Edited to Add: No, it's only in the SysWOW64 folder, where it was before I installed it. The installation was so fast, I didn't notice if that was one of the files InjMagic installed or not.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wonder now if that file Traci pointed out is the only one you're missing. Does it say why it won't work?

OK, I just went back and looked at that screenshot, and I realized you were able to open the software, it just isn't working for you. Hmm . . . well I've not created a morph INJ before, or reached the point where I needed to, so I'll have to try and figure out how to test that and see if it works.

Edited to Add: OK, I read through the thread at Fantasy Attic, and it's mentioned it should also be in System32 folder, and that does make sense since it's obviously a 32-bit app. I also did the register thingy, and it said it may not be compatible, so we shall see. I also downloaded the V4 and M4 def files, and will add those in. Looks like I'll definitely be creating def files for Dawn and Dusk, and maybe Luna too.

I'll play with this more tomorrow and report back.

Last edited:
I wonder now if that file Traci pointed out is the only one you're missing. Does it say why it won't work?

OK, I just went back and looked at that screenshot, and I realized you were able to open the software, it just isn't working for you. Hmm . . . well I've not created a morph INJ before, or reached the point where I needed to, so I'll have to try and figure out how to test that and see if it works.

Edited to Add: OK, I read through the thread at Fantasy Attic, and it's mentioned it should also be in System32 folder, and that does make sense since it's obviously a 32-bit app. I also did the register thingy, and it said it may not be compatible, so we shall see. I also downloaded the V4 and M4 def files, and will add those in. Looks like I'll definitely be creating def files for Dawn and Dusk, and maybe Luna too.

I'll play with this more tomorrow and report back.

I'd found another thread that told how to get the Mscomctl.ocx file registered by making a .bat file. I did get mine registered but I still get that error message lol. I swear if ya want something broke-send it my way :) lol.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sometimes I have to bang my head against a brick wall because of the frustration of getting something to work right.
BangHeadEmoti.gif

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK I just had a thought, when I was installing INJ Magic, it tried to "update" it but failed, because the software wasn't fully installed yet, so I just went back now and ran the InjectionMagicSR1.exe file. I did it by clicking on the Windows Start button, and then clicking on the "Run" link on the right side, browsed to the folder where I installed INJ Magic and licked on the file. It'll open a dialog box that'll ask for the location of the folder where INJ Magic is installed and I clicked on the INJ Magic folder in the list, and ran the "update".

If you ladies haven't done that, try it and see if that's what the problem is.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I didn't wait until tomorrow. I just tried the V4.2 def file I had downloaded and installed, and I'm getting the same error message.

Now to try a few other things. I wonder how Traci got it to work. Hmmmmm . . .

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I tried setting the compatibility to Windows XP SP3 and Run as Administrator, and no go. It seems to crap out at a bodyMorph yTran. It does it for the xTran right above it, so don't know why the other one doesn't work.

Edited to Add: OK, I just tried a cold reboot, and no it's still not working.

Last edited: