• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Upgrading to Version 4.9 Pros and Cons...or any other version you want to talk about.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I just tried loading them in DS 4.8 and they load but you will need to hunt for them. Unlike with Genesis and Hivewire figures the morphs show up in different places. Some of the morphs for the neck show up on the neck.
v3.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have upgraded to DS 4.9 and now PostgreSQL CMS refuses to install. I get a message claiming I have to define a path for it to be installed, which makes sense, but there is no "PostgreSQL CMS" in DIM's fixed list of applications I can define a path for. Below is the error message I get.

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. "

At the DIM log, it only claims "Install Failed", which is not very useful. I can still run DS but I get a CMS connection failed error message at launch and I have no way to access categories and product meta data.

Any hints on this?

I have upgraded to DS 4.9 and now PostgreSQL CMS refuses to install. I get a message claiming I have to define a path for it to be installed, which makes sense, but there is no "PostgreSQL CMS" in DIM's fixed list of applications I can define a path for. Below is the error message I get.

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "PostgreSQL CMS (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. "

At the DIM log, it only claims "Install Failed", which is not very useful. I can still run DS but I get a CMS connection failed error message at launch and I have no way to access categories and product meta data.

Any hints on this?

I don't know if you're on Windows or Mac OS X, but on 64 bit Windows the default location defined for all DAZ 3D products is C:\Program Files\ in the folder DAZ 3D. On my system, the CMS software is installed to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS . And I didn't have to specifically define that path, but try doing so in Install Manager and see if that helps.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, I am in Windows 10 x64.

DIM = DAZ Install Manager. That's where I am saying there is no place to enter the PostgreSQL path. It asks me to, but there is no way to do that. The problem with DIM is that it gives me no options to install it. All I can do is press the "install" button, and then it tells me "installation failed" with no further explanation.

I have tried manual install, but PostgreSQL has no installer in the ZIP file.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It's a separate download. Go to your product library page for the program and it will be down at the bottom with all the starter essentials.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, I have already downloaded PostgreSQL from DAZ, and it installs normally, but neither DS or DIM recognize that it's installed. DIM still offers to have it installed, and DS claims it cannot connect to it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I had a similar issue a while back. I uninstalled DAZ Studio and all of it's components like GoZ and made sure the PostgreSQL was also uninstalled and then rebooted the computer and then reinstalled all of it and it fixed it. Pain the butt but it did work for me.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I had a similar issue a while back. I uninstalled DAZ Studio and all of it's components like GoZ and made sure the PostgreSQL was also uninstalled and then rebooted the computer and then reinstalled all of it and it fixed it. Pain the butt but it did work for me.

Sometimes that's what we have to do. I had already uninstalled DS, but I didn't check to see if sub-components were uninstalled as well. That's next thing I will try. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I thought Iray has always been free? That's why DS uses it. In the same way Cycles is free, and got incorporated into Poser 11.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Don't take my word for it - I just assumed Iray was free because DAZ has adopted it to incorporate into DS, which is distributed for free.

prixat

Inspired
Quickly went to check nVidia's site but Iray is still listed as US$295 per seat per year!

Firewall software has been known to stop a PostGre install!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm sure DAZ 3D has a deal worked out with NVIDIA for it's usage of iRAY. Also keep in mind that NVIDIA often uses DAZ figures in their promos to sell their products so it's sort of a hand in hand thing. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Now there is some skepticism about if DAZ Studio 5.0 will be a paid for upgrade. We shall see. You know our lovely community, always trying to read the future! I mostly stay out of those conversations as they can get a little heated and over what? No proof of what's on the table!