• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Universal Anime Head

quietrob

Extraordinary
From my practicing it seems that anything goes! I think the hardest part is having it meld into body as seamlessly as possible. Figure can parent to Figures and Props so I think anything goes! Have you tried it? I am curious as to how hard it is with DAZ Studio rather than Poser (which I use)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
From my practicing it seems that anything goes! I think the hardest part is having it meld into body as seamlessly as possible. Figure can parent to Figures and Props so I think anything goes! Have you tried it? I am curious as to how hard it is with DAZ Studio rather than Poser (which I use)

No, haven't tried it yet, I just got home from vacation, and found the thread, but I'm willing to give it a try this week! Will report back on my findings!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, you can place any head on any body you like. The basic concept is that we can parent a figure to another figure, which can be easily done with the Hierarchy Editor in Poser, or with the Scene panel in DS. The 2nd basic idea is ***NOT*** to conform the head to the body, or else it will be LOCKED into position, and you will not be able to move it. This is important because in some cases the head may end up parented AND also conformed when you load it into the scene. Just make sure it's just parented. After that, the art is to make the seam the least visible in renders. :)

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
New Poser 11.0.5 beta build released tonight no longer has the UV distortions when subdivided. By the time the Anime head hits the store, I think everybody will already have the upcoming 11.0.5 update. Strongly recommend everyone to upgrade when it comes out. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi! One question .. it's fit on D|S genesis 3 ?
and when sold? My piggy's bank are ready :)

Hi and welcome to the HW forums! The head fits ANY figure in Poser or DS. It doesn't matter what kind of rigging the figure uses, be it Poser weight maps, TriAx (Dawn, Genesis 1 and 2) or Dual Quaternions (Genesis 3). The included PDF tutorial explains how to do it with this head, or any other figure you have in your gallery. It also covers hair fitting, posing and materials. Below are 2 examples using Genesis and Genesis 2 Femake in DAZ Studio.

Genesis.jpg

The product is now under internal beta-testing, and once this is completed, it will be submitted to the HW3D QAV process. I have been getting feedback from the internal beta-testers in the last few days, and things are going smoothly so far. Thanks for your patience. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Akuei2! The head doesn't use weight maps, so it has ported quite smoothly into DAZ Studio. The DS version includes all the same 100 items as the Poser version, but in native DUF file format. The PDF tutorial includes an addendum that shows the differences in workflow between Poser and DS, which for this purpose aren't many. The process is nearly the same in both programs. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well akuei2. Ken's doing a great job on the Anime Head, and I'm sure you are not the only one waiting for it to hit the HiveWire store. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Had my first batch of internal beta-testing corrections today. It's easy to forget, but I created this package over 2 years ago, and there are things I have only learned afterwards. For once, I have moved the DS morphs from "morphs" to a more standardized "Actor -> Universal Anime Head", which is where DS users will normally look for morphs at. I have also globally renamed folders from "Anime Head" to "Universal Anime Head" in both Poser and DS to make it more unique and consistent.

One particular thing that is different in this project is that there are no morphs on the Body group, since this figure has no body. Instead, they are located on the head group. I have mentioned this in the Readme file in case people can't find the dials. Actually, there is a LOT of useful hints and tricks in the documentation that will help people to make the best out of the package.

Anyway, I have submitted all the updates to internal beta-testing a minute ago, and if I didn't break anything, it should be ready for HW3D QAV soon.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Checked for the Poser update, not seeing it as of yet in the updater....

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The 11.0.5 update should be coming out soon. As usual, SMS is still trying to pack as many resolved issues as possible in the timeframe. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Can't wait. Brought Bruno and company over today from DAZ Studio, via cr2 export and got into deleting unwanted morphs and Poser crashed. Luckily I saved out the basic skin set up and what morphs I DID get deleted before hand so it's not a total loss but hopefully it's a bug they know about...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think 11.0.4 has a new "auto-save" feature where you can set the time interval in the configurations. It's always a good idea to save often when creating contents. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Completed the 2nd round of corrections on internal beta-testing. In the Poser version, I am providing a backwards compatible "P9" version that will work all the way back to Poser 3, and then a "P10" version that greatly benefits from the new Unimesh skinning and Pixar Subdivision Surfaces introduced in Poser 10. The head was designed from ground up to be used with Unimesh subD, but my beta-testers claim they liked it even without subvidisions in their renders, which is good news.

They have tried the tutorial, and claim basic users should find no trouble following it to get things done. They said the instructions are through, clear, and easy to follow. Some of the extra info, like how to fit a prop or conforming hair to any figure's head is universal and can be applied everywhere. Besides the head, it's going to be a good learning experience that can be expanded to everything else you have in your library. It's the kind of hidden power and flexibility I believe most people don't know Poser/DS can offer.

Internal beta-testing is getting close to completion now. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm glad to hear that they think the instructions are easy to follow, I'm very interested in this product and I'm hopeless in following instructions :)