• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Universal Anime Head

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think 11.0.4 has a new "auto-save" feature where you can set the time interval in the configurations. It's always a good idea to save often when creating contents. :)
Yes, and I like that it sets up a separate folder for the auto-saves, so they don't get mixed in with older saves I may have done with a project I might have started with Poser 9.

I did it like a cake recipe with numbered bullets. ^^
I like well written tutorials as well, even if I only need a tip or 2, it's nice to be able to pick them out right away. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ran the 3rd batch of corrections in internal beta testing, and there are issues. I could fix everything in Poser, but some of these won't transfer to DS. Apparently, ERCs we create in Poser do work in DS, but only those based on morphs with actual deltas. ERC morphs created with dependent parameters (master dials) do show up in DS but have no effect.

The alternative would be to fix the morphs in DS instead of importing the fixes from Poser, but the head is not TriAx, so saving the head with the changes will not save the morphs. Exporting Morph Assets only works with TriAx. If I convert the head to TriAx, it no longer saves with the parented teeth props, so it's a dilemma. As it stands, I can fix the morphs in DS, but found no way of saving them, and the fixes imported from Poser won't work in DS. I would appreciate any info on this - otherwise the DS version is stuck (as usual with previous experiences).

In other words, the DS version is once again being held hostage of the usual DAZ3D secrecy surrounding its platform. In the meanwhile, the Poser version seems ready for show time. I just need to update the documentation.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm... do you have the original morph obj's for the head? I know it would be tedious but you could import them in via Morph Loader Pro and then resave out the head. This works fine for JCM's and other hidden helper morphs as well. Just make sure and right click on the Overwrite Existing and choose Deltas and ERC Links or Delta's Only depending... If this isn't what you need not sure what else to suggest! :-(

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have no issues fixing the morphs in DS. It's just that it doesn't let me save the changes afterwards. The head is not TriAx.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Could you use the head as one of the older formats that would allow you to work around that TriAx issue? There are the original save format like .ds and others below the newer, mostly used ones.... I'm at work so don't have a screen grab to show you. Might want to mess with those...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think there must be a way to save the morphs corrections. If DS could create the "auto-generated" data folder, it should also be able to save individual morphs as well. It's just a matter of finding out how.

akuei2

Inspired
I don't know what a some hint would help or not?
When I add custom morph for V7 character, this 2 step are always use.
1) Morph Loader Pro
2) Saving Your Morphs as a Morph Asset
base for v7, I sculpt my own face on zbrush, and save as. obj.
while, import from Morph Loader Pro. After it, saving as morph asset.

Sorry about small hint with useless. Hope you work go smooth.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Akuei2. Saving morphs as "Morph Assets" only works with TriAx rigging, while the head uses regular weight maps, so that is not an option. Morph Loader is for importing morph targets, while here I just need to save some morph corrections back to the data folder. I am sure it must be something simple - it usually is. As most things with DS, the actual challenge is always on figuring out HOW things are done, since the program is unsupported and undocumented.

This is probably the reason why the current rigging webinars going on this month - one for Poser and one for DS, the Poser one is FREE, while the DS one is expensive ($90). DS info doesn't come easy, so whoever knows it sells it expensive, or keeps it locked in private forums. That's why I use to say that releasing DS versions always comes with some sacrifice - it has always been a vendor unfriendly platform to me. I am seriously considering dropping DS support altogether.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A minute ago I have converted the head to TriAx, and soon after I realized why I didn't do this in the first place. Converting to TriAx unhooks all ERCs I had previously created in Poser, so a good part of the control dials stopped working. It's Ok to convert to SubD, but not to TriAx. The head doesn't use any weight maps, so there is no benefit on doing that anyway, but now I've remembered why I didn't do it 2 years ago.

The only way I know to save an individual morph correction back to the data folder is by exporting it as a Morph Asset, but we can't do that without a TriAx rigging. So the remaining question is how to do it without TriAx? At this point I don't even know if it's possible. I have emailed Paul to see if he knows.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Ken, sorry to hear that you're having problems. I do know that it's normally recommended to go from DS to Poser I would assume the problems you're mentioning may have something to do with that. I had ERC's and JCM's with Diva and they converted okay to Poser. I don't think I've ever converted morphs from Poser to DS though...wish I could help1
Welcome to the Hive Akuei2!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi Pen! I had originally learned from Mec4D that there were some advantages in starting in DS and then moving to Poser. Over time, I have learned that there are indeed some advantages, but it depends on what is being converted. For example, the Western Outfit for Dusk worked terribly going from DS to Poser. The grouping was unusable, and the morphs were mostly mangled. It didn't handle the bulging groups correctly, and many weight maps didn't connect to the right groups. I couldn't reuse anything, and had to start over in Poser.

As it stands, there were only a few projects where things actually went well from DS to Poser. The "Adventurer" for Dusk was originally created for DS, but once exported to Poser, the rigging suffered terribly, and was not usable at all. Several weight maps were missing in adjacent body groups, making the rigging impossible. I suspect this happens because the CR2 Exporter plugin was created before weight maps existed, so there are many cases where it doesn't handle them correctly.

Therefore to claim that the DS to Poser pipeline is the best is only half true. It's good when it works, and bad in all other cases. As for Poser to DS, this issue with unhooked ERCs seems to be an old issue, related to the way ERCs are handled in both programs. Whenever I have converted a Poser figure to TriAx, all ERCs with master dials for dependent params get disconnected. They are not lost, but instead just unhooked. I don't know enough of the DS internals to know how to hook them back. Paul has showed me once, but I left with my head spinning. LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't tried to convert clothing much yet and put any problems down to my lack of knowledge. Paul certainly seems to have a knack for it and has done it that way with many items(or at least that's my understanding). I have had less problems converting to poser with the morphs I've done than the other way around. Having converted many morphs from Poser to DS it is certainly fiddlier that way around.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's important to note that the ERCs that get unhooked from Poser to TriAx are the ones with master dials created in Poser. The moment we convert to TriAx, all ERCs of that kind get unhooked. An example of master dial that has no morph deltas is the Side-Side that controls both the eyes. It would be like a JCM without deltas. Regular morphs, ERCs with morph deltas and JCMs created with vertex pushing all keep working normally. It's just the manually created master dial ERCs that get lost.

Without TriAx conversion, the head works 100% in DS, except that when I correct a morph, I can't figure out how to save it to the data folder. There doesn't seem to be any options unless the rigging was TriAx. It only saved the morphs the first time I saved the head. After that, only the head is saved - no option to save the updated morphs.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ken, what happens if you load the head, clear out the data files. Correct the morph and resave? When I've resaved morphs I often find that I need to clear out the data file first especially if I changed either the vendor or product name.