• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Universal Anime Head

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, if I remodel the eyes, it will invalidate ALL morphs on the head, and there are over 110 morphs in there. Besides, this bug also affects all eyes from all other figures, so I shouldn't have to "fix" it on my part, since it's PP11 that's messing up the UVs.

Thankfully, Larry Weinberg contacted me and said he considers this as critical for the 11.0.5 release, so he is looking into it right now. He has confirmed it doesn't happen in PP2014, so it was something new introduced in PP11.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, one of the SMS admins has just flagged my report as "release critical". Here's an example of what happens to my eye UVs when subdivided in PP11. Quite a mess. This is not acceptable.

SubdivisionDistortsUVs_3.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Definitely not good. That would affect the whole pupil, and some of the iris.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed it does affect iris and pupil, which is a bummer since this model was designed from ground up to benefit from subDs. We have to rely on SMS to have this fixed in 11.0.5 now. But last time Larry took my bug report on the Superhero suit, he fixed it pretty quickly. Nobody knows Poser better than him, since he's the original creator.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I've got an email from SMS today to notify me that the distorted subdivided UVs have been fixed in Poser 11.0.5. This takes a huge burden off my back because it was breaking my renders by distorting the big Anime eyes. This should no longer be an issue after 11.0.5, and doesn't happen in Poser 10 or older. Great news! ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B! The Poser and DS packages have been submitted for internal beta testing today. This should take a while since each includes 100 items + the PDF tutorial. The promo below demonstrates the versatility (genders, age ranges, customization, facial expressions) using Dawn and Dusk bodies, but it could be anything you like. It also demonstrates that the neck seam is not visible in normal everyday poses.

ADS_Banner_1180x500.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
This Anime Head is just plain fun! Fixing Sub D problems before I know enough to experience them is just plain cool. Thanks looking out for the Poser Community, Ken. It also shows that Smith Micro is aware and on the ball! No one is happy about mistakes but they happen. I am happy that SM not only listened but acted! That is good news too!

So Ken, when does your job as official QA Beta tester start? :laugh:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Rob! SMS had it fixed only 4 days after reported, and it will be included in the next update. Luckily this doesn't affect Poser 9/10 or DS. I have been beta testing for SMS since December last year. I think this fix will be on tonight's beta build.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Can any Gen 4, Dawn/Dusk, Genesis hair be used with the universal anime head? This is exciting. I can't wait to see this released to the store!

Sure, I am using Vicky4 hair in the promo above. The hair on the dude on the right is from MayaX AnimeBoy, which you probably never heard of. I teach how to do it in the PDF tutorial. This works with any hair for any figure, be it conforming or prop.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I should have some feedback from internal beta testing in the next few days, and the plan is to have it completed by Thursday. ^^

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Excuse my ignorance, does the composite thing of dropping a figure/prop on a figure work for other things? Like a Dawn head on Luna? or a Harry Head on Dusk? Or V4 head on a Genesis Body? Could you make creatures this way? Like Centaurs or Lamia? I'm just not experienced enough to be able to interpret all your saying without the pdf! lol. It sounds wonderful, though. I was playing with some characters of my own devising, and I was using 3 Genesis bodies to make the character, plus an extra tail prop, so could I drop the extra Genesis characters onto the head of the first one, and then they would be connected? I had a terrible time with posing, as I would have to pose each body separately, and then move them back into position. (It has 4 arms and hands instead of feet). Or am I just way off on what you are saying? Thank you.