• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Universal Anime Head

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I made 20+ promo images for the UAH using all sorts of figures, and it was a lot of fun. I just have to create a few more morphs for the Chibi head and it's ready to go. ^^

Digitell

Enthusiast
Your promo images are a big help in seeing what can be done with your product. They pay off that is for sure. I am so glad to OP posted this question to you so now we may have an additional head to use! Very excited about it!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think heads are way more fun to add to the library than full new figures. Especially when we can attach them to any body we have. For starters, it doesn't compromise our existing wardrobe. The only trick is to match the body texture, but in general, skin tones are enough for most renders - especially with cartoonish characters.

Digitell

Enthusiast
Agree! I do children's book characters a lot so most all my characters are toon characters. So your textures with your heads work great for me!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, the chibi style should work nicely with children's books. They are so cute and expressive. And I think children identify better with characters with big rounded eyes, because they look friendlier. :)

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I have not read the whole thread but can this be used with the hivewire big cat to make a sphinx?
Edit Or other non human figures? Probably not a chair? Or maybe a chair? Just took some good sleep medicine so it might be clouding my mind with chairs or beds with human heads? Now I am picturing a bed with an anime head singing to me like a siren sings to a sailor.

GhengisFarb

Motivated
Really looking forward to buying the Chibi head, and REALLY hope you keep making more heads, a good animal head with lots of expression would be welcome!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I have 3 new products coming to the store very soon before I go back to the Chibi head. It's in my queue list. ^^

randym77

Motivated
So, I was looking at this product in the store, and it looks like a lot of fun, but I was wondering...where did the vendor get the anime-style hair?

I remember there being a lot of anime hair back in the day, but I don't see it any more. A lot of the old Poser web sites are gone now. (I only use Poser, not DS.) If I buy this product, will I be able to find hair for it?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
randym, I moved your post over to this thread so Ken can see it and reply :)