Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
Not good news.
Have you tried making all the fixes and then exporting that out as a cr2?Thanks for calling out for me, Rich! Keeping the CR2 will not resolve the main issue - there are morphs that need adjustment in DS because they have a different result than in Poser. Some morphs are combinations with ERCs, and DS doesn't process them correctly. It's rather easy to fix in DS itself, by adjusting the dials and freezing ERC, but then HOW do I save that to a CR2? Poser and DS don't understand each others master dial ERCs. Just like Poser weight maps and DS Triax, they work exactly the same but are utterly incompatible with each other.
I've noticed DS recognizes and even copies Poser master dial ERC keys into native DSF morphs, but then it unhooks them all, so they have no effect. It's the equivalent of having all the master dials on BODY, but they are not hooked to anything. I could almost tell DAZ3D did this on purpose to force vendors to switch programs, which would come to no surprise considering all the bickering between these two.
Have you tried making all the fixes and then exporting that out as a cr2?
Wouldn't that go back to the same CR2 it was created from? How would that help?
so sorry to hear this Ken...I have a really silly question and feel free to ignore it. I was wondering if in Poser you inject the morphs or is it saved in the cr2? If it's an injection have you tried the poser version in DS? Or is the poser version Poser weightmapped?
Actually that makes sense to me (not that I'm an expert in DS). I'm pretty sure you can make a 'new' cr2 in this way. I haven't done it in a long time, but I know a couple times I put together a figure (did some morphs, added some clothes) based on Genesis or maybe Gensesis2 then exported as a cr2, so that I could bring it into Poser and work with it there. I think I was doing it because waiting for DSON to load each thing took forever, but if I did it that way, I only really had to load things once.
It's important to know that I have already fixed all issues on the Poser version. It had a few iterations with the internal beta-testing, and everything they found was resolved. That's the CR2 I imported to create the DS version. The problem is that DS will ignore certain kinds of ERC during the import, so fixing in Poser has no effect in DS.
Not sure but if you load in all the correction morphs and then save it out as a cr2 I'm thinking the newly improved or fixed morphs would be exported within the cr2.