• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Trying to get up to speed in P11

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, question . . . have you downloaded and installed all the content that comes with Poser? That may very well be why you're seeing an unpopulated Library, because the following is a partial screenshot of what I see when I click the Library button (see arrow). I did resize it, as it opens very narrow, so it would fit in the right-hand section of the Poser UI as it does by default. I also deselected Drag-Dropping Enabled so I wouldn't have to worry about where it landed in the UI.

View attachment 48351

If that's what you did, did you then close Poser, and update the Poser.ini file? I would think that would work. Changing the Poser.ini file first won't work, or at least I don't think so, because it gets overwritten when you close Poser. Hmmmm, now I'm not so sure in which order you should do these things, but first of all make sure you installed all the Poser content that comes with the software.

I think the Poser.ini file does get rewritten from my experience at least. I have many of the tabs on a second screen including the library and they they are in the same position each time I launch Poser. I do have a default scene set to load but here is the rub, sometimes I mistakenly close the perimeter dial tab and if I close Poser while it is still missing when I open again it is not there even though it is a default scene. I can only assume the Poser.ini file is rewritten with this change when I close Poser.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm pretty sure it does rewrite it every time, as there's always a current date/time to the file when I go looking for it.

I'm just wondering if Rob opened the Library window as I had, and THEN closed Poser, would the Poser.ini file be rewritten to show the open internal Library window.

Oh, and I just thought of something else he may need to do, and that's to edit his Preferences once he has the internal Library open by selecting "Launch to preferred scene", and clicking the Set Preferred Scene button on the General Preferences > Document tab, and THEN selecting "Launch to previous state" on the General Preferences > Interface Tab. I bet that's what he needs to do to get it to work.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have the main Poser library in the default place.
I then create external libraries for various products, like the ones I am working on for Dawn or Dusk and use the add library button to add them in there.
If I added all my works in one library it would be soooo big it would take weeks to load. :roflmao:

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm pretty sure it does rewrite it every time, as there's always a current date/time to the file when I go looking for it.

I'm just wondering if Rob opened the Library window as I had, and THEN closed Poser, would the Poser.ini file be rewritten to show the open internal Library window.

Oh, and I just thought of something else he may need to do, and that's to edit his Preferences once he has the internal Library open by selecting "Launch to preferred scene", and clicking the Set Preferred Scene button on the General Preferences > Document tab, and THEN selecting "Launch to previous state" on the General Preferences > Interface Tab. I bet that's what he needs to do to get it to work.

I always have Poser launch into a preferred state as most of my renders include my female character so the start scene is one with the character in a nude state and with an environmental dome. I then have a couple of start scenes that I can open on the odd occasion I want something different. I also have it so that the tool screens load to one screen and the preview on a second screen and some of Netherworks tools are also there as default such as the camera plus panel.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have the main Poser library in the default place.
I then create external libraries for various products, like the ones I am working on for Dawn or Dusk and use the add library button to add them in there.
If I added all my works in one library it would be soooo big it would take weeks to load. :roflmao:

I do have all my works in one library which is at present is at 1.5Gig which loads in a minute or so. I also have an achieve runtime that holds a lot of the early stuff I purchased just on the odd chance I might want to use it, that said I have not opened that in at least three years.