• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Terre

Renowned
Going to be rather hot here today but apparently parts of Canada got snow.
1566387966243.jpeg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It threatened rain here yesterday evening with a couple of drops while I was walking home from running errands, but it never really did rain.

It's been hot and humid here the past few days, but is supposed to cool down with lower humidity starting tomorrow through Sunday. Hopefully, it'll stick around for next week as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think it got into the 80s here, and there was thunder and lightning while I was eating dinner, though I don't know if it actually rained.

Terre

Renowned
Got woken up by thunder last night. Went to the front door to see how much rain we were getting and there was a BIG thunderclap nearby. *POP* all was dark. Fortunately Xcel apparently already had a truck in this area as it was back on an hour later. Looks like we need to get that backup generator we've been talking about sooner than after the weather cools. This is the third weather related outage we've had this year. Also the shortest by far.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That sounds like a plan Terre. We haven't had a blackout in a very long time owing to weather conditions, but then Con Ed reduces power during the summer when the temps get too high, which does help "most" of us to retain our power. Some folks aren't quite as lucky, but Con Ed is trying.

Terre

Renowned
It seems to me that having a lot of people a bit too warm is better than blackouts due to some pulling to much electricity. Not a perfect solution but less of a problem than could be.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Absolutely! I remember all too well a couple/three major blackouts years (more likely decades) ago. They were not fun at all. Luckily only one happened during the hot summer months, so those that didn't were more an inconvenience, than uncomfortable.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Upper 70s again, here, today. Another fine day!

I've been hoping I can somehow afford one of those natural gas emergency generators. Like a UPS, they nearly instantly power up, and they can power your entire home. but I think one for my place would cost at least $3,000. Not including installation. So I just keep hoping and wishing.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
We had a nice day here as well. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, and even nicer on Sunday. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I checked the weather just before logging off last night, and it was 65º. It was a delightful night for sleeping. :)

Right now the temp is around 72º, with a high predicted of about 75º, and the humidity is currently only 45%. Who could ask for anything better! :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, and I'm thinking since it's so nice and "comfortable", I'm going to take a power walk this afternoon, which is something I haven't done in a couple of months. :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sunny but cooler than last week I was here. 73F right now.

I was in New Hampshire with Diane last week. Got home late last night. Great week! Sunny and warm but for one day, when it rained all day, hard sometimes. But we went shopping that day.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Today was mostly cloudy with a high of around 80. It would have been nice to get some rain but none has come so far.