• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

To adapt some clothes....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've not tried it myself, but I know that Satira created an outfit for Diva which also fits the full-sized Dawn. IIRC, Pendraia also did so with an outfit she created for Diva as well.

Roberta

Eager
Thanks for the info. I asked this question because I purchased two Satira Capriccio's products (one is all dynamic, while the second is made up of compliant pieces and a dynamic piece). For the "Larkspur Weeds" I made add-ons, but I'd like to do something also for the "Sweete Reyn" set. It seems to me that both products of Satire adapt in the imagination to a figure like Diva...
Have you seen my set? What do you think about it ? I would like Satire to see it too:)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I noticed it the other day, and it looks good. You could always drop Satira a PM here on the forum to let her know you've created it. I don't know if she visits the R'osity store all that often, so she may not be aware of it. Just bear in mind she's presently having computer trouble, so she may not respond right away.

Oh, and as far as mixing conforming and dynamic pieces, Satira does that very often.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Diva is a morph of Dawn so Dawn stuff should fit. The only problem I've had with some clothing has been in the breast area (since Diva has none), some smoothing should fix that and I don't think Dynamic should be a problem but haven't tried (in DS, I haven't used her in poser)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, that was the one thing I remember Pendraia mentioning when she was working on an outfit I think Sanbie originally created, so it would fit both Dawn and Diva. I'm pretty sure the Morph Brush would be the tool to use on the chest area.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Just to put it out there, most fully dynamic Poser clothes can be made to fit through scaling. Dynamic simulations are all about where you start and finish, so you need to kind of work backwards for the end result you want. If you want something to trail to the left with the figure to right, you need to move your figure left in the first frame as compared the last. If you want something to fit looser, then you need to scale up in the first frame as compared to the last. The sim basically acts as if the cloth doesn't change from start to finish, so you also need to zero out things like morphs or scaling in the last frame, because something dialed in both the first and last frame will double up in the last frame (once in the sim, once in the dial).Frankly, this is why the interface should have been changed more than a decade ago to just let the majority people making stills define what they want instead of having to backwards engineer each render, but I digress.

If you want to fit a small figure with no breasts, you generally want to scale down in the first frame _smaller_ than your figure in the final frame. If it won't distort the cloth (like say, if you have a circular skirt), you can deal with curves disappearing by scaling on a particular axis. So for a character like Diva, assuming she's a scaled character, I'd generally
  1. Load Dawn default and the dynamic clothes.
  2. Go to frame 30 and apply the Diva character and pose.
  3. Go back to frame 1 and scale Dawn down to Diva's overall body scale plus or minus 5% (depending on how I want the clothes to fit)
  4. Run a script to unhide Dawn's axis specific scaling and give Dawn Z-axis specific scaling down to 80% or so.
  5. Run the sim and see how the clothes fit. Repeat with different scaling in the first frame as necessary.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thank you ! To send a PM, can I write by opening her member page? or should I do otherwise?
All you need to do is click on the Inbox link up near your Avatar on the front page of the forum, click on Start a New Conversation, and then just type Satira Capriccio in the Participants box.

Oh and I did see her for a short time yesterday, so she must be using her phone, or tablet, to access the forum.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Got the PM. Lisa had emailed me last week that Roberta was doing a texture set for Weeds, then sent me the link to the media page when they were posted. I absolutely love the textures!

Because of the flatness of the chest, I think I created a Diva fit for my dynamic clothing (without my computer, I can't look at anything). With the conforming clothing, I think I had to use the Poser morphing tool to clean up the breast morphs.

I also found my prop shoes needed a modeled Diva fit rather than trying to scale them to fit.

I do mix dynamic and conforming clothing in my products. I've never been happy with conforming clothing for skirts, dresses, or loose clothing. So, my rule of thumb is that if it's loose or skirty, it's dynamic. If it's "fitted," it's conforming.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Got the PM. Lisa had emailed me last week that Roberta was doing a texture set for Weeds, then sent me the link to the media page when they were posted. I absolutely love the textures!
Me too, and I just picked them up this morning. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I did release a fit for the Fairy dress which is free on my site at Share CG. I was about to say that Satira normally does a Diva fit for her sets but she beat me to it.

Roberta

Eager
Thanks to everyone's suggestions and in particular to kobaltkween, I managed to adapt LarkspurWeeds to Diva. I didn't choose to do the 100% Diva morph but a little less, like a teenager.
You can see the image here