• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Birthday Thread!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Happy Birthday and welcome back, vulcanis!!

Dylan

Eager
One of my Dads aunts had eleven children, and they all lived to be adults. Another of his aunts had nine, plus three stillborns. Apparently all that was fairly commonplace in Ireland in those days, ie the 1950s and 60s.

Happy Birthday to everyone here. Remember, your ould pal Dylan will be 21 on March 29th! All your good wishes and gifts greatly appreciated. :)

Dylan

Eager
Ah sure why would you want to forget a birthday Pen? Any excuse for celebration has to be a good one.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like January's going to be a busy Birthday month here at the hive. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Aaah maybe...but after 50 of them you start to want to forget and blowing out those candles...it's worse than a bushfire!

Yes Miss B they're are many January babies...

Zaarin

Brilliant
That's a lot of children!

Happy birthday to all the December babies!

I'm a December baby (sorry, I don't ever post my real birth day or year in public forums), and can relate to the "Happy Birthday/Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Birthday/MerryChristmas" gifts from childhood.

Of course, we didn't really celebrate Christmas, so the whole "getting a ton of Christmas presents" is kind of alien to me ;). We got small gifts each night of Hannukah. But some of them were definitely combo gifts ;)

For those not in the US, on your federal income taxes you get a tax deduction for children who lived with you in the calendar year. The deduction is the same whether your child is born on January 1st or December 31, so I always jokingly refer to myself and others born the last few weeks of December as "tax deduction babies".
I'm a December baby too--the eleventh, exactly two weeks before Christmas--but I actually love it: I can ask for bigger gifts and say they're for both birthday and Christmas. ;) But I'm also an only child; maybe my opinion would be different if I had siblings. My mom is one of six (the first four in four and a half years, then the next two six and twelve years later respectively), my dad one of three; I don't plan to have more than one or two...

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks, I did indeed! I went to a great concert, ate at a delicious Turkish restaurant for lunch, and ate at a really interesting Mexican/Lebanese fusion restaurant for dinner (if you're ever north of Orlando, check out JJ's Grille--it's amazing). Oh, and my mom got me a jade worry stone; I wanted jade not only because it's beautiful but also because it's hard--my last worry stone (made of tourmaline) broke when I accidentally dropped it on the tile floor. :( My jade worry stone slipped out of my hand the other day and bounced across that same floor--not so much as a scuff mark. :D

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Happy Birthday Laurie Prindle! Enjoy a wonderful day celebrating YOU!

:balloon01: :bday:

:flower02:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Happy Birthday Wolffie! :bday: :balloon02:

Enjoy celebrating YOU!