• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Birthday Thread!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Yeah, happy birthday to all those folks whose birthday got lost at Christmas and who always got less pressies than their siblings later in the year...story of my niece's life and at 29 still doesn't let us forget it ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah. My dad had a December (or November) birthday. He preferred to celebrate his birthday in November because otherwise, it got lost in Christmas.

His records were lost in a courthouse fire when he was young, and his family couldn't ever remember when he was born. (Month OR Year!)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh my gosh Satira...that's so unfair.

Happy Birthday to all the December birthday's we missed. I know that Ram has a birthday coming up on the 13th...not sure if there are any early January birthday's.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was rather unfair, and it was compounded by him lying about his age so he could join the Merchant Marines during WWII. He was the next to youngest of 13 children ... all single births. There were more than 20 years between him and the oldest. I rather suspect the only years his mother was not pregnant was when his father was in the US and she was still in Italy with the first four children.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Back then it would have been the norm to have large families, but even when I was growing up 13 would have been larger than normal. I did know one or two families that were about 8-9 kids though. Nowadays it's more likely to be between 1-3. Stories of people lying about their age to enlist in WWII were quite common in Australia.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes indeed. They did have large families in those days.

I did know a few families too growing up that had six or more kids. But I also knew quite a few with only two kids. We fell in the middle as there were four of us.

I just can't imagine 13 though. Or having kids practically every year for more than 20 years!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The wife of one of my Dad's cousin's had 22 live births and at least 2 stillborn.
I always wondered how they kept track of who was who...lol.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
That's a lot of children!

Happy birthday to all the December babies!

I'm a December baby (sorry, I don't ever post my real birth day or year in public forums), and can relate to the "Happy Birthday/Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Birthday/MerryChristmas" gifts from childhood.

Of course, we didn't really celebrate Christmas, so the whole "getting a ton of Christmas presents" is kind of alien to me ;). We got small gifts each night of Hannukah. But some of them were definitely combo gifts ;)

For those not in the US, on your federal income taxes you get a tax deduction for children who lived with you in the calendar year. The deduction is the same whether your child is born on January 1st or December 31, so I always jokingly refer to myself and others born the last few weeks of December as "tax deduction babies".

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
They probably didn't...the eldest kids would have helped look after them.

My mum and my brother are both Christmas babies born on Christmas day. We used to have 3 birthdays to celebrate Christmas day though as my mum's Aunt was also a christmas baby and I almost had my eldest around then. I started getting contractions and Mum said lie down and relax do not do anything energetic...and they stopped. Luckily...
:bday::balloon02::grouphug::balloon01:
Happy Belated Birthday Alisa! I hope you had a great day!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks :) It was nice - we had Chinese food for dinner and watched some movies :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Happy belated Alisa.

That sounds like a lovely way to spend a birthday.

With lots and lots of hot buttered and salted popcorn to go with the movies of course.

And perhaps, Root Beer floats!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks! LOL, didn't have any of that - but we ate birthday cake ;)