• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Miss B, no the kids were good...I have some very interesting kids but they tend to be good for me...not always for teachers who fill in for me though. I got a new student today who has no english(or very little) should be interesting...

Terre

Renowned

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Terre, I can't find anything about customers being given plant based food instead of real meat.

I only found articles about one Burger King location delivering real beef burgers to people ordering Impossible Burgers. Impossible Burgers were not available at that location even though the app listed Impossible Burgers as a choice. The customers were supposed to be told by the drivers the burgers were beef when the order was delivered, but that wasn't happening. Regardless, the manager made the wrong decision to substitute beef for a plant based order. I definitely agree someone at management level should know you don't ignore possible food allergies.

Terre

Renowned
Terre, I can't find anything about customers being given plant based food instead of real meat.

I only found articles about one Burger King location delivering real beef burgers to people ordering Impossible Burgers. Impossible Burgers were not available at that location even though the app listed Impossible Burgers as a choice. The customers were supposed to be told by the drivers the burgers were beef when the order was delivered, but that wasn't happening. Regardless, the manager made the wrong decision to substitute beef for a plant based order. I definitely agree someone at management level should know you don't ignore possible food allergies.
The manager there should have had employees inform the customers when they tried to order that there was a mistake on the website and the meatless wasn't available at that location.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh I agree. If Burger King was provided the customer's phone number with the order, they should have contacted the customer to explain the Impossible Meat Burger wasn't available at that location. Of course, everyone is going to blame someone else for why an option was listed as available at a specific location when it wasn't available there.

Thanks Terre for the NZ article.

People really need to pay more attention to what's being advertised. Of course people are going to assume a pizza topped with medium rare burger patty meant meat. But it shouldn't be assumed that "burger patty" means beef. It could just have easily meant by-products and corn/grain.

While I read the labels of everything I purchase, I don't tend to question what's in food served in a restaurant. Yet that's exactly when we should be on high alert.

Terre

Renowned
Here's another: Outrage after fast food company secretly serves unsuspecting customers meat-free burger patties on the same company. I can't find the other I remember seeing.
Ah, it was Burger King: Burger King Is Offering the Meatless Impossible Whopper After First Tricking People Into Thinking It's Real Beef
People REALLY need to be careful and the companies need to be open about possible subs.
That's why I like that 50/50 idea. Customers who want to take a chance can choose to do so. No one else is going to get a random product. People who want meat or want meatless will get what they order.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh I agree. Companies MUST be open and honest about what they are serving. The 50/50 idea is great for someone wanting a blind test for whether they really can tell a difference.

I probably couldn't tell the difference because I eat meat so rarely.

I did try Beyond Meat chicken strips once. The package cautioned not to overcook it.

But ... I did. By a lot.

You really, really, REALLY should not overcook Beyond Meat.

Terre

Renowned
@Satira Capriccio ; My husband and I first came across this problem a number of years ago. We had gotten in the habit of getting me a foot long roast beef sub at Subway and him a tub of meatballs. Then one day he had a soy reaction after eating the meatballs. He couldn't get the local manager to realize that the company had changed the meatballs from pure beef to a beef/soy mix. The company hadn't informed every store yet about the change. That was the last time we purchased anything from Subway.

Terre

Renowned
Oh I agree. Companies MUST be open and honest about what they are serving. The 50/50 idea is great for someone wanting a blind test for whether they really can tell a difference.

I did try Beyond Meat chicken strips once. The package cautioned not to overcook it.

But ... I did. By a lot.

You got rubber?

DanaTA

Distinguished

But ... I did. By a lot.

No worries, I won't overcook it. I won't even buy it!

Dana

Terre

Renowned
From what is being said about the beef I suspect that you'd have liked the chicken if it hadn't been over done. I need to keep that brand in mind for the next time someone asks about meat free meat at the store. We do have a small, but growing, vegetarian customer base.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Miss B, no the kids were good...I have some very interesting kids but they tend to be good for me...not always for teachers who fill in for me though. I got a new student today who has no english(or very little) should be interesting...
Oh, that's not going to be easy.