• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We get a whole slew of days off ... just too many to remember. Especially, those that don't fall on a set day of the year, like the Observed on Monday holidays like Columbus Day.

New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King's Birthday
President's Day
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Columbus Day
Veteran's Day
Thanksgiving Day
Day After Thanksgiving
Christmas Day

Generally, we get the Early Dismissal email a few days before that day. Friday is a bit late in the week for the City to send out the Early Dismissal on Friday and Closed on Monday email.

Both September and October have snuck up on me as it is. I'm still stuck in August.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We used to get all those holidays too, but they took Veteran's Day, Columbus Day, and Martin Luther King's Birthday from us. Oh, and I remember back when we had the separate Lincoln's and Washington's Birthdays off.

Terre

Renowned
Early dismissal early enough to be planned for would have been nice, yes.

For me Monday is one of my normal days off anyway.

Terre

Renowned
Internet outage for several hours at work this morning and a short one at home the ended just a few minutes ago. Perhaps an hour or so in length.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I had an internet outage last night about 3 am. Fortunately, it was back by 6:30 am when I had to start work. Otherwise, I'd have had to go in to the office.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh yeah. I now know what to do if I receive suspicious a suspicious package or letter in the mail or there is a powdery substance in something I open.

I was on the phone with a coworker this morning when he opened some junk mail (forwarded from his previous address) with a powdery substance inside. Neither of us knew what he should do, so I did a google search. Obviously, if it's suspicious, you don't open it. Basically ... immediately wash your hands with soap and water and call 911.

Turned out, it was a crushed bag of peanuts. Which is rather odd. I mean ... who sends peanuts in junk mail? Unless they hope to kill someone with a peanut allergy! The police called the number for the company listed, which apparently is no longer in business. Another reason not to open junk mail!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Turns out, Tsuki is still able to crawl through the little opening at the top between the cupboards.

I tripped and fell today leaving the kitchen. Don't ask! But, I'm ok other than a finger joint that hurts from slamming into a dining room chair. While I was getting my head around whether I was broken, Tsuki had scaled the balcony blinds ... somehow. I managed to glimpse her partway up the blinds before she fell. Once I tended to my owwies, I tried to find her, but no kitty anywhere. I finally thought to check the cupboard, and there she was. Terrified out of her mind. I've no idea how she managed to squeeze through the little opening at the top of the cupboards, but she obviously wasn't going to get back out that way. I left the cupboard door open, and after about a half hour, she crawled out of the cupboard onto the top of the cupboard on the other wall. She's now sleeping on top of the cupboard, even though it's been a good hour or more.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ouchie, I did something similar with one of my toes when I turned around too close to my armoire. I still can't bend that toe all the way, but at least that's the only problem. If you're finger's still hurting tomorrow, I'd get it x-rayed to make sure it's not broken.

Taking a nap is probably the best way for Tsuki to settle down, so hopefully she'll be in a good joyful mood again when she wakes up.

Terre

Renowned
While I was finishing setting up next week's sale yesterday I was approached by a lady that had been specifically sent to me to discuss items her son could eat. I don't remember the name of the condition but it includes the word "esophageal". Poor kid can't eat wheat, soy, milk, eggs, shellfish..... He's one of those people who's so sensitive that those 'Manufactured in a facility that handles" warnings are important. I ended up adding 7 items to the KeHE order I'll be putting in tomorrow from discussing food for him with her. There might be two more as well. She's supposed to call today to let me know. She lives 20 miles outside of town and has been having to drive another 20 miles down the highway to get to Alberston's to stock up on these things so this will save her gas money as well as being more sales for us. Everything that we discussed is likely to be of interest to other people as well.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Since I took today off work, I scheduled Tsuki for her Rabies shot and exam. Neither happened because they couldn't get her out of the carrier. So, she's rescheduled for Thursday afternoon, and I'm to give her meds an hour before the visit that should keep her calm during the appointment.

She continued growling and pacing until her carrier was back in the car.

Terre

Renowned
That she is. Red doesn't like going but he just struggles, no growling or anything. Hopefully all will go well next time.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Morning Terre.

It took 15 minutes, but I managed to give Tsuki the whole 1 cc of gabapentin. Midway, she was shaking, and I was shaking. The stuff smelled horrid, so I imagine it tasted just as horrid. They also sprayed pheromones in the exam room, which is supposed to help calm a cat.

So ... the vet comes in and attempts to unzip the carrier. Was Tsuki nice and calm? Not on your life! She immediately slashed out at the vet, hissed, and growled. When the vet finally got the carrier unzipped, she tilted the carrier until Tsuki slid out. Once out, Tsuki jumped down to the floor and ran into the corner under a chair.

Finally, the vet tossed a towel over Tsuki in the corner, then got down on the floor with her. She managed to give her the rabies shot and do the whole exam, even checking her teeth. Once the vet was done, she released Tsuki, who bolted into her carrier.

Gabapentin is supposed to be this great miracle sedative, but Tsuki apparently didn't get the memo on that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I have to give your vet a lot of credit for being able to do the whole exam, and give Tsuki the rabies shot, while perched on the floor with her. Glad to hear she was able to get it all done successfully.