• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
It would be really cool if part of the dragon emblem could be worked into a morph of the belt buckle too. Even if just that triangle shaped spiral at the bottom.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I think you're on to something, but don't ask me how. I don't usually do that kind of detail in my models, and I don't usually do clothing of any type.

Oh, just had a thought. What about a bump or displacement map to engrave it into the belt buckle?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What I could do is to make a smaller version of the crests and add them on top of the buckle as yet another conforming item when it's in oval shape. This way people could swap them in different combinations like the chest emblems. Not sure if it would stay exactly in place when Dawn is posed, though - they may move around a bit. I would have to test to see what actually happens. :)

I had already modeled a couple of masks before this bat cowl, and here are some variations they can add. Not sure if I can add the bat emblem in the bunch, though, since it's copyrighted. There are no textures so far, and I wonder if they could add anything to this kind of look?

Test2.jpg

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I love the dragon as well and all the mask options...Oh it just gets better and better!!

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
There are no textures so far, and I wonder if they could add anything to this kind of look?

Seems like the trend in movies lately has been to add lots of texture to what have typically been otherwise just plain colored spandex. So maybe just a cool bump/displacement or normal map could be included.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love it Ken...have you thought of ears on the cowl to match the emblems? I would love to see what you come up with for the Dragon one...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like the masks Ken, and I like the idea of giving folks the option to choose which emblem they want to use on the belt as well as the chest.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@sanbie: And to think the original idea was just to make a cowl. ;p

@3wComics: That's exactly what I was thinking of - a bump or normal map, and then let people choose what color they want to use. ^^

@Pendraia: Indeed I have thought of that, but I have to see how feasible that will be. :)

@Miss B: For the buckles, the bat is already built-in, so there are only the fox and dragon to add. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What I could do is to make a smaller version of the crests and add them on top of the buckle as yet another conforming item when it's in oval shape. This way people could swap them in different combinations like the chest emblems. Not sure if it would stay exactly in place when Dawn is posed, though - they may move around a bit. I would have to test to see what actually happens. :)
How about parenting it to the buckle? If you used the trick Paul used with the rains on the horse and just flood filling the map?
I had already modeled a couple of masks before this bat cowl, and here are some variations they can add. Not sure if I can add the bat emblem in the bunch, though, since it's copyrighted. There are no textures so far, and I wonder if they could add anything to this kind of look?

View attachment 2413
I do love the masks! That last one could be a very useful accessory.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia: Hehe parenting would be simple enough, and it would work fine until we dial a morph. Parented props won't follow morphs. :) BTW, that last mask on the right is actually the cowl with hair on top. It helps illustrating that it can have different looks depending on how we use it. ^^

Ok, here are belt buckles as conforming figures. The one at the bottom is the built-in bat buckle morph dialed to "1". I have tested them, and they do stay in place when Dawn is posed - nothing to worry about there. The buckle emblems are independent and can be individually applied and colored or textured. They share the same UVs as the chest emblems, so if you make a material for one, it will also work on the other.

Belt Buckes.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I liked the fox shape better than the bat shape ... and then I saw the dragon!

Oh, I love that! This is looking really good Ken!

And to think, I was just going to suggest a moth emblem (Got the moths of the world on my brain)

(Needs a HiveWire Bee emblem!)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Satira Capriccio: Hmm, bee and moth glyphs might work out. I will add them if I can come up with designs that won't look silly. It's easier to think of names than designs - Moth Girl and the Queen Bee! ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here's what I came up with for Moth Girl, emblem and buckle detail. Someone could think it's a butterfly because of the simplification, but the proportions would be different. Now back to the board for the Queen Bee.

Moth Test.jpg