• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ok, now the last remaining JCM is in place and working properly. BUT there is a bump that shows in the in between before the target max angle (87 degrees in Dawn). It shows exactly over the border between Pelvis and Thigh, and I don't know if that means something that can help fixing it? It shows at about 15 degrees and grows with the angle, until it completely disappears when the target angle is reached. I haven't had to deal with pesky JCMs since the days of Aiko3, since Millennium 4 figures got rid of them in favor of magnets, which had greatly simplified content creation.

Aw well, now back to the bench to figure this out.

PartialJCM.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There you go - it was bad grouping between the thigh and the pelvis!! There was no weight map that could fix that, and after adjusting and welding the groups, the weight maps now work perfectly! Never trust the groups Poser creates automatically. ^______^

Cleaning up the morphs now.

PartialJCM_Fixed.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm so glad to see this progress @Ken1171 ! (I just could not get my Dragon to say your name properly so I had to do the little "@" thing…) Just this morning one of the thumbnails that so attracted me was your art rendering of "The Queen Bee"… And I thought oh I can't wait to have this outfit!! :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne! Just can't trust Poser (or DS) to create body groups automatically, for this was the living proof that they tend to make a mess. LOL I was thinking on including that Queen Bee texture, assuming HW will let me. It has their colors and logo. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Daniel! Just some few more adjustments and I can get started with the promo images. ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Couldn't find a way to mirror the JCM leg side out correction morph to the other side, and had to do them again because I've noticed the Morphing Tool can destroy body group borders by detaching one from the other, which causes geometry glitches. Maybe this only happens with JCMs over posed body parts, but the fact is that it happens. They only way was to create the other side by hand. Still have to do the leg twist JCMs for both legs, but I already know which pitfalls to avoid - actually a number of them. Next have to correct the body morphs on the cape.

Finished correcting the body morph shapes on the bodysuit, and here's a test with the most extreme to show that the edge flow follows the poses nicely. I was thinking on the poses and morphs when I modeled it. Note the belt and buckle are preserving the shape even in this extreme morph. ^____^

Test.jpg

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne! Just can't trust Poser (or DS) to create body groups automatically, for this was the living proof that they tend to make a mess. LOL I was thinking on including that Queen Bee texture, assuming HW will let me. It has their colors and logo. ^^

I can say I can trust in DS, which I didn't have problem. :)
Great job!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh I hope they do allow you to include the colors in the logo! It certainly would make for wonderful advertising within an art piece… Grin!
After what I went through with the postage stamp (which ended up creating a thread on how to handle such things )basically get written permission.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B Thanks! ^^

@LeoLee DS handles conforming in a completely different way than Poser, so even if the automatic grouping did a horrible job, it won't affect the weight maps as much as it happens in Poser. Paul has reminded me the other day that DS was create a decade after Poser, so they have learned and improved on top of that knowledge, even if that came at the cost of breaking backwards compatibility with older versions of itself and Poser. This makes it much easier to rig in DS, for it's much more forgiving. I used to rig in DS and then export to Poser, but now I see that there are side-effects that can make the rest of the work in Poser even more difficult in some cases. In other words, if we try to use the automatic grouping created in Poser or DS in Poser, there are many cases where the rigging will be impossible. There were cases where trouble areas like Dawn's double-jointed neck wouldn't work with DS automatic grouping, making holes and seams appear around the neck in both DS and Poser. Even though DS is more forgiving about poor auto groupings, it doesn't mean it will always work - especially with Dawn/Dusk's double-jointed necks. :)

@Lyne I can always offer the Queen Bee materials as a separate package if it comes to that. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed. I will worry about that when I have the product completed. :)

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finished the [pesky] JCMs and ran another batch posing revision, fixed a bit more weights on the Bodysuit. Time to switch to morph corrections on the cape!

Quick render with the final Bodysuit rig, and also showcasing the flat soles morph for the boots, fins reduction morph on the gloves, and cape posing with the body handle.

Test2.jpg