• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Pen! Indeed, I found myself in some cases where I didn't want the fins in the a character render. Now the option is there. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just for the record, there has been no [apparent] activity in this project for a while, but it's NOT stopped. What's happening is that I have stumbled upon a problem in Poser that still couldn't be solved. The last remaining JCM shape correction morph can't seem to be split it into left and right sides. It just won't work after split. I have asked Paul and SMS tech support, and so far there is no solution. The morph itself is finished and looks great, but when split into left and right sides, they no longer look anything like the original shape when dialed. I have tried recreating the morph in all different methods I know of, but when dialed, the shape doesn't match the original, and there is no explanation why.

The outfit will come out - it's just a matter of solving this little mystery.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Ken. Sorry to hear you've hit the wall, and I hope you can figure it out at some point.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B! Maybe this is a Poser bug, I don't know. Morph Split works with everything, but not in this case.

I was hitting a wall with the other Office Lady for Dawn outfit as well, but now things are moving again. It was a bug in Poser 10 all the way to Poser 11 that was making my morphs vanish right after they were done and tested. I have fixed them a zillion times and they would break again right after everything was tested and done. SMS has fixed the issue with the new internal build, and now I could finally finish it properly. I am just waiting for my beta-tester to get into final testing, and I hope this time it will indeed be final. I had many "finished" versions before the Poser bug was fixed.

But one great thing came out of this experience - I had to fix the outfit so many times that I have learned new and better ways to fix morphs in Poser that made the outfit quality way superior to what it was when this bug thing got in the way. So I am happy it didn't go out that way. Poser Pro 11 has a new feature that allows things that were not possible before, and now I took full advantage of it to remove morph distortions that were destroying the shirt buttons. Poser has no rigidity groups, so such things couldn't be fixed until now. The Morphing Tool got even more powerful now. ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yaaay, JWalther from SMS has figured out the bug on Poser's Morph Split, and it was in the internal order things were being done. The fix will be in the next build release, but I try to fix this by hacking the CR2. It is about switching the order of the transforms and then applying the morph deltas. Morph Split was doing this in the wrong order, which was breaking my outfit JCMs.

I don't have a clue how to do it, but I have hopes that I will figure it out when I do it. ^^;

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, I always report everything directly to SMS, so they can fix it. If they don't know, they can't fix it, right? :D I have been doing so since Poser 7, when SMS acquired Poser from eFrontier. Things got simpler now that I am beta-testing for SMS, because now I have direct access to the developers. ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have examined the CR2 and the JCM deltas were indeed being applied before the transforms. Placing the JCM *after* the transforms has finally resolved the incorrect calculation order, and NOW the JCMs work. Pretty easy to fix once SMS has identified the problem. It will be fixed on Poser 11.0.4 build 32257, and until then it's manual fixing.

I've lost over a month on this, but now I can finalize the outfit and get it going again! YAAAAAYYYYYYY! \(^__^)/

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Well, it wasn't me - SMS let me know what it was once they localized the bug on Morph Split - a wrong calculation order. I wouldn't be able to fix it without them. But nobody will have to worry about this once the next build comes out, though the bug will still exist in older versions, like Poser 9 and 10.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
True, but you used that knowledge to get your problem fixed, so now you can finish working on it. :)