• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Haha Like Chris has mentioned in his Anime Dawn thread, the chest size comes with the style. :D

I am glad you have noticed the abs. I have been trying to get this shape for a long time, and now I have finally found a dial combination that does it. It's close, but nonetheless still not the shape I wanted. The current morph looses shape continuity with the hip, but we can't see that here thanks to the shorts. It also required piling up different morphs that had side effects, like making the middle part (Rectus group) too narrow, and the external Obliques too shallow. But it's close enough for now... :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You did really well on the abs if that's just dialing. You might have to sculpt to get the shape you want if there's too many side effects for you. I guess it depends if you go for realistic and people who know what they are looking at goes "thats not right!" but I can't see anything wrong with that pic :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
hehe it's hard to talk about realism when I do mostly cartoonish characters. As a matter of fact, I don't know enough anatomy to delve into muscle sculpting on my own - I have tried. In addition, I don't want those awesome abs just for myself, so I have talked to Chris (the actual master sculptor) to add them to Dawn. Chris KNOWS anatomy in medical detail! I have explained the shapes I wanted, and he said he will see what he can do. Most of the ab shapes in SR-2 came from my personal requests, so this would be like a continuation of that same improvement process. ^^

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh nice - Chris is the anatomy god so he'll do a great job if he can get to it :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My thoughts exactly. I actually took the opportunity to suggest ab improvements exactly because of Anime Dawn, since Dawn has been on the sidetrack for a while. Don't know when we will come back to Dawn, so better try it now. :)

Here's the new transmap layout with 4 options in 5 styles, making it now 17 options per color set. There are 5 color sets, making it now a total of 85 presets just for bodysuit transmaps with color sets. Below is the default bluish black set. Options are split into with and/or without leggings or arm covers.

I have made a map just for the leggings and another one just for the arm covers, and then mixed them in different combinations to create these 17 presets for each color set. This has increased the number of options, and also reduced the number of 4096 x 4096 transparency maps (only 6 now!), making it a smaller package.

Transmaps.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank, Pen! It shows one of the new arm covers options, and also the best abs shape I could get out of SR-2 morphs. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Completed another batch of morph corrections. It now supports BreastCup 1 to 4 and BreastLarge 1 to 4. Fixed the belt shapes for all of Dawn's full body shapes. Converted the buckle emblems from conforming to parented props. They no longer follow morphs, but they now retain their shapes (immune to morph distortions), and can also be placed anywhere you like (instead of just the buckle, or in both), and in any size. In the image below I have placed it on the cowl's forehead.

Almost finished now. Here's a sample combination of some of the new cape morphs.

CapeMorphs.jpg
ParentedProp.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
After converting the buckle emblems to parented props, I have played with the outfit and saw that the buckles won't follow some poses, so it was cumbersome having to adjust them not only for morphs, but also for poses. I took a deep breath, and decided to make them conforming again, but this time I have painstakingly fixed all the distortions for all of Dawn's full body morphs. I had already done that for the belt, so I've walked the extra mile for the buckles, too. Now it's easy to use again.

Here's the belt and buckles test with BodyBuilder2 and BodyChubby examples, where the buckles stay in place and also keep their shapes, even with these bigger shapes. I will ALSO be providing the prop versions so people can place them in other places (and/or sizes) if they want to. ^^

Buckles.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you! Finalizing the bodysuit weight maps now., and testing with a variety of poses (Batgirl version), with the boot heels morph and conformed cape with morphs. This version will not show in the promos, and it has to be dialed to show in the belt and cowl. :)

This conforming cape is only conformed up to the shoulders, and then the rest is controlled with a body handle + morphs. The dynamic version is included as a parented prop, and it shares the same geometry and texture map (without the grouping). It's only 1000 faces, so it simulates quite fast.

PosesTest.jpg