• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne! I was going to leave the cape dynamic if it were for my own use only, but I understand dynamic cloth is not for everyone. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks great Ken. I'd think the Dragon colors would be more along Green & Black. Bee, Yellow & Black, Fox - Orange & Black. I see with the cape doing it's best as a dynamic prop if this will be made to work in DS?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@RAMWolff: Thanks for the color suggestions - I will try them out! Dynamic cloth is not available for us in DS - it's a proprietary format only the makers can use. This was one major reason to rig the cape in the first place, since no matter how much work we put into it, conforming will never look as good as dynamic. ^^

@Miss B: Indeed, it's great to have the ability to drape the cape into any possible pose and have it looking realistic. :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking great Ken...there is a project for Dynamics in DS iirc. Would be great if we finally get it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I find it odd that DAZ3D has invested in so many areas, but not in dynamics after all these years. Maybe it's about time. In Poser we already hard body, soft body, dynamic cloth and hair - the only things missing are springs and ragdolls. Ragdoll physics could allow real-time dynamic rigging in both cloth and hair, as we see in modern video games and even in MMD using the Bullet engine. Poser already supports Bullet, so it would be the natural next step. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been playing with colors a bit, trying to figure out a Queen Bee, and this is a candidate (black and yellow). Also figured out a way to fix the lack of body scaling support on Poser. This body type was 95% done with body scaling, and the outfit follows automatically. Almost no outfits I have for Dawn support body scaling.

QueenBee_1024.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you for the encouraging words! ;) Here is the low heel morph for the boots. Now they have both high a low heels. ^^

QueenBeeLowHeels_1024.jpg