• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Substance Painter

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
I really like Substance Painter but it doesn't like my computer. It won't work on my Windows 8.1...well, it works fine but it only spits out black pngs. Not useful at all. It works at a snail's pace on my Windows 7 but I can get good pngs from it. Just have to live with all the crashing and testiness. I need a new computer with a powerful NVidia card.

Lobo3433

Admirable
I came across a similar issue at the beginning when I first installed and ran Substance Painter and found a solution on their websites forum or trouble shooting can't recall which but checking how larger your Virtual memory is set to will make a difference in how well Substance Painter runs making sure that your Virtual memory is set to Windows Mange should help or setting it up that it 4096 should do the trick Virtual memory is your page file. Honestly I thought this really shouldn't have been a issue since my persona system has 64 gigs of regular memory but seems Substance painter code relies more on Virtual memory while doing its computation. Hope this helps