• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Subscription Based Poser --- Yes or No

Would you like Poser to be subscription based like Adobe has done with Photoshop?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Yes; and I subscribe to Photoshop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No; and I do not subscribe to Photoshop

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Britt

Admirable
If you go to Adobe's support page for Photoshop you can download the English version of Photoshop CC2 for free!

Why? Because they no longer support it!

(I hope since i posted this it's still there; i'd hate to look like a fool)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
If you go to Adobe's support page for Photoshop you can download the English version of Photoshop CC2 for free!
Why? Because they no longer support it!
(I hope since i posted this it's still there; i'd hate to look like a fool)
CS2. Yes but
Only customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products may use the serial numbers provided during the download.
Files here, yes.

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
A Big NO to this. If I buy software I have it, if I rent it, I have nothing at the end for the money I have spent. I have NO intention of going down this route with Poser.

All the best.

Richard

SSGBryan

Inspired
Yeah. That's actually the reason I despise subscription based software. I do not have PS, either.

The problem with Poser's pricetag is just that it's quite frankly TOO expensive for the hobbyist, yet it's marketed at hobbyist users.

And no way can I justify paying half of my mortgage payment on a piece of software for just content creation. IF they allowed installment payments, yes, I would look at it again (depending on how much they wanted on each installment). If they did a subscribe-until-you've-paid-the-full-fee type of plan, sure. (And I doubt they would ever do that, but a girl can pipe dream. :p) But an open ended/nonstop subscription... yeah, no. No way. LOL

If someone can't afford $200 or so for the base software once (and then getting on the upgrade train), then this hobby probably isn't for them.

If a hobbyist can't afford the software, I can't see them buying content. Sorry, but some hobbies cost money.

Darryl

Adventurous
I've heard good things about Krita, an open source PS alternative. Can't vouch for it though as it's Windows only at the moment. There's also the up and coming Affinity suite; Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, very reasonably priced. It's likely that Adobe's hubris may open the door for affordable graphics software, especially as the basics of photo editing, once groundbreaking, can now be found in a free iPhone app.

James R.

Busy Bee
For Mac devotees there is also "Pixelmator", which is slightly less intense/robust than Affinity, but very capable. It's also priced a bit less than Affinity, if cost is a concern. Link: Pixelmator.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
If someone can't afford $200 or so for the base software once (and then getting on the upgrade train), then this hobby probably isn't for them.

If a hobbyist can't afford the software, I can't see them buying content. Sorry, but some hobbies cost money.

And I disagree. You can start off with the free DS software which comes with free content and find a huge array of free content all over the net. The first few years I spent almost nothing. By the time it had BECAME my hobby I was spending more. But the free software and content allowed it to become my hobby. I would never have spent hundreds on a product I didn't even know I would like.

And welcome to the forums :)

SSGBryan

Inspired
Thanks for the welcome, but I have been here since the site opened.

AFA other photoshop replacements, have any of you considered Photoshop elements? Inexpensive & covers most bases - granted, it doesn't do pre-press, but how many of us need CYMK anyway?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the welcome, but I have been here since the site opened.

AFA other photoshop replacements, have any of you considered Photoshop elements? Inexpensive & covers most bases - granted, it doesn't do pre-press, but how many of us need CYMK anyway?
Sorry...I should have said Welcome back not Welcome...