• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stephen the Gardener

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Because someone won't let me work uninterrupted at the computer, though she has no problem ignoring me if I'm on the couch ... Stephen hasn't got very far.

Stephen Pose 01 Closeup.png

Though ... he does now have a shovel and a fork for gardening.

Stephen Pose 01.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I'd say that's a very good start, even if Tsuki doesn't let you alone long enough to do more.

I like what I'm seeing so far. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oh I do like him, Satira! Very, very nice indeed!

Maybe a certain kitty cat needs her own computer ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very nice Satira...my only suggestion would be the ring at the top of the shovels don't look right. My shovels have like a U shape with a bar across the top. Don't know if that's different in the states?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B and Lorraine! I have to redo the morphs in the shorts as several of them no longer work. Dynamics are sooo much easier!

She needs something for sure! She's in the kitchen right now with her paper wrap. (it's the brown paper wrap that the lavender plant came wrapped in a few weeks ago. She's veerrryyyy slooowwwlllly riiiipppping it with her teeth. Free toys are the best you know!

That done, now she's gone back into the carrier and is patiently waiting for me to go back to bed :p

Ooopsie. That was written hours ago. But I forgot to hit Post Reply!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The "U" with a bar across ... or just a bar with no "U" ... or even just a straight handle with no bar across the top are more common for sure. Steven's shovel and digging fork are styled on the Radius garden tools, which is a brand of ergonomic garden tools made in Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA).

My gardener suffers from arthritis, so conventional tools cause him no end of trouble. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh that's an interesting set of tools they make. I assumed you just decided on the round handles to be "different". Don't know if I've ever seen anything like those here. Then again, not having a private house with acreage where I would need tools like those, I wouldn't have a need to even look for them. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I still have a spade on the boat but it's for scraping oysters and barnacles off her bottom at haul out time ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Never seen any like that before Satira...thanks for the link. I'm not sure that they would be easier on hands though. I suffer from arthritis in the hands also.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
The "U" with a bar across ... or just a bar with no "U" ... or even just a straight handle with no bar across the top are more common for sure. Steven's shovel and digging fork are styled on the Radius garden tools, which is a brand of ergonomic garden tools made in Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA).

My gardener suffers from arthritis, so conventional tools cause him no end of trouble. ;)

The U should have a bar across the top, if you decide to go that route. I'd say shovels are more often made that way, also from a 3D perspective, I think it would be easier to get the hands to grasp that way. Of course if your including the shovel with handholding poses that may not matter except to you. And there is something to be said from making tools different from the standard ones. I haven't looked, but I'm guessing I have at least one shovel prop I've gathered along the way, so something different would be good.

It sounds like Tsuki is much like my Newton, and is trying to be helpful. Don't know what your computer setup is, but I find if I'm back far enough from the desk that he can sit on my lap while I work on the computer, he'll let me get more done without trying to 'help'.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice start :)

My kitty only really annoys me at the computer (I think its because my head is level with hers so she can headbutt me :p) she soon settles down and lies on the back of the chair (which she is currently doing).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When she was a tiny kitten ... all of three months ago, she would sleep rather contentedly between my feet on the pillow under the desk or on the blanket over my legs. Invariably, the blanket formed a hammock. Other times, she'd snuggle on my shoulder and sleep while I read the boards or whatever.

But now that she's grown so much, she doesn't seem to be comfortable under the desk. And as for snuggling on my shoulder? Oh yeah. Not. If I pet her ... which she used to be quite happy for me to do, her tail starts whipping. If I don't pet her ... her tail still starts whipping. and very shortly thereafter, she's after my hand.

I'm tempted to think she's angry because I've shrunk so much.

My sweet snuggly kitten changed!

Oh, she's still sweet. And she still follows me everywhere I go. Even if she's sound asleep ... nowhere in sight. She appears out of nowhere every time I go to the bathroom!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Oh, she's still sweet. And she still follows me everywhere I go. Even if she's sound asleep ... nowhere in sight. She appears out of nowhere every time I go to the bathroom!

So I just have to share this, yes it is technically a commercial, but this whole series is so wonderful and funny.

As for my cat, as a kitten he used to be terrified when I would take a bath, he would meow at me like he thought I was trying to drown myself. He still likes to check on me when I take a shower, just to make sure I'm okay, but he's learned that I'm not suicidal.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Stephen now has a gardening hat. It's based on the Tilley hats which are made in Canada. If I wore hats ... I'd get a Tilley hat. But alas, I only wear a hat in the winter, and I have a perfectly good one that shows no sign of wearing out anytime soon.

Stephen with Hat.png

Closeup of the Hat.
Stephen with Hat Closeup.png

The front windcord can be tucked up into the crown or dropped down as in this render (for those windy days). The windcord can also be moved forward, back, left, right, twist left, twist right, and widened for those broader faces.

While the back windcord in the real Tilley hats has knots and can be adjusted to dangle down for when the wind is gusting from behind, Stephen's back windcord is knotless and in the tightened position at the back of his head which is sufficient for most windy days. He's not fool enough to garden in a gale :wink: