• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Stephen the Gardener

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
His face reminds me a little of Jared Leto's. I really like all the distinctive characteristics you're giving him.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B, Lyne, and kobaltkween!

Whew. Got the materials done for the clothing finally. Netherworks MATWriter does make it easier. But gosh. It still gets so repetitious.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine. If I spent much time outdoors, I could justify getting one of these. But, since I live in a cave (without bats), I don't really have a need for a summer hat.

But ... if I did!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have successfully rigged, not just a pair of pants for Dusk, but also a long sleeved shirt!

Here is a pair of Stephens, one with stubble, one baby faced. Baby face is wearing his sorta bog garden boots, while stubble with the rake (not shovel) is wearing his garden clogs.
Because the short sleeved top is also rather loose in the arms, I'm not about to attempt to rig that one. Not unless I remake it first.

Which ... I might.

Stephen Twins.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Stephen's clothes are coming along nicely Satira. :)

So's Stephen himself. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm LOVING these @Satira Capriccio .... when you say 'rigged' does this mean the shirts are NOT dynamic, but are conforming? Either way, your talent is showing! giggle!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Lyne, rigged usually means conforming. Dynamic clothing doesn't require rigging.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B and Lyne (and Lorraine too!)

So far, the long pants, shorts, and long sleeved shirt are conforming rather than dynamic. The short sleeved top is dynamic. If I can change it so that the sleeve is more fitted without changing the overall look too much, I'll try turning that into conforming too. It's just I envision the short top as loose sleeved rather than the fitted sleeve.

If it's not obvious, I'm going for the knitted pant/shirt look here ... aka sweatpants / sweatshirts. So ... nothing fancy like zippers or pockets. I should have included a Stephen wearing the long pants without the boots since they are "cuffed," and mid calf rather than ankle length.

I still have to check through all the morphs on the shirt to make sure they are all working correctly. I know Obese needs adjusted. And I want to add a loosen shirt morph. The long sleeve shirt is rather more form fitting than I want it to be. But, I figured first go, snug and then see how much play I have in looseness before things like the arm/chest area go wonky.

I'd also planned on a loose v neck opening rather along these lines, but I forgot to do that.

upload_2016-8-17_16-27-16.png

So now we have Stephen as the slightly more serious gardener as well as the pinup gardener!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh neat!! Always easier to use conforming...although I'm getting quite used to working with Dynamic clothing nowadays! :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne and Pen. Yes. I plan to refit the boots to Dawn (and Diva). I hadn't thought about fitting anything to Luna. But ... I'll give it a try.

The Diva Play Clogs were Stephen's refit for Dawn and Diva. If I'd had the boots made then, I would have refit them too.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh Luna would look adorable with the clogs for sure. Not sure about the boots on a child so young. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Miss B, they do do gumboots for kids but they usually just go above the ankles (and can be really cute like these ones :D I couldn't resist)