• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Dinoraul's trees are beautiful. But most of them are really slow to render. Still, it looks really good.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Wrapping up the Grandstand project... here's some Iray renders

Attachments

• cafe iray.jpg
    cafe iray.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Camera3-Iray.jpg
    Camera3-Iray.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 150
  • Grandstand scale iray.jpg
    Grandstand scale iray.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 145
  • holding stables with horses.jpg
    holding stables with horses.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 147

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looks great. But I have a feeling it's a resource hog! Don't know if my machine could handle it.

Dana
Yes, it's big but its broken into parts so you don't have to load the whole thing. The actual grandstand has four parts; the structure (fairly polygon light, the seating (polygon heavy), the cafe (moderate) and the front of the building (light). There is also a paddock piece (which is moderate). Of course, the Racetrack set is also broken into parts... so it is possible with some camera work and only loading what you need for the scene to render on a more modestly resourced computer,

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
A couple more images... I'll admit the first one (racing) was a huge resource hog. I created it, saved it and then rebooted my machine with as little running as possible to render it. The others were much easier to do because they were in the paddock area so there was no need to load the Racetrack, Starting Gate and all the Seating on the Grandstand.

Next question... where am I finding the Jockey Silks? Way back in 2012 Marieh and SickleYield created them as a support set for my racetrack and racing tack. The snag is they're 11 years old and for the original Genesis. For that first image, I simply had the Genesis 1 models ride the horses. I then decided to try something crazy. I loaded a G8 male and fit the clothing to it... surprising it fit pretty well. The 3DL shaders were the next issue. I went into the Iray presets and applied the Plastic Low Gloss Shader to the clothing. I also brought the dozen textures I had created for the Silks set and add more variety. The 3 other images show those results.

grandstand2 main.jpgholding stable2b.jpgholding stables4.jpgpaddock oval.jpg

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Need some low poly billboards or the like to populate the grandstand, though even that would add tons to the image.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Need some low poly billboards or the like to populate the grandstand, though even that would add tons to the image.
I did some experimenting and managed to fill 2,400 seats with billboard people at the cost of 150 polygons. I think this might work... filling the 11,000+ grandstand at about 1,800 polygons isn't bad. The texture map is 3 rows of 16 people in 4K

Attachments

• Render 2.jpg
    Render 2.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Render 3.jpg
    Render 3.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm betting you could possibly lose the seats (especially anything in the distance) and just use the crowd to save on resources. The seats are currently divided into 4 sections; Front Right, Front Left, Rear and Cafe

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I did some experimenting and managed to fill 2,400 seats with billboard people at the cost of 150 polygons. I think this might work... filling the 11,000+ grandstand at about 1,800 polygons isn't bad. The texture map is 3 rows of 16 people in 4K
Can you change the red and white plaid shirt? It sticks out a bit and shows it repeating I think.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As the Pixel Down items moved through beta and QA, I decided to switch gears and do something "fun"... not that doing updates is painful-- I enjoyed tying in on the Grandstand set to the other Pixel Downs and Horse Racing Tack sets... but returning to my "normal" fare is sort of comfort food to my artistic drive. I decided to start a long promised set and to give a little love to my Nature's Wonders line with 6 Turtles from the "New World". Here's half of them... I'm starting work on the "Snappers" of the set now ;)

turtleteaser.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
In order to really capture its scale, I've used one of my Songbird ReMix props. The Bog Turtle is the smallest turtle in the Americas. Sadly, he's critically endangered. Originally found across the eastern coast of the US, changes to his habitat (urbanization) and illegal capture for the pet trade have resulted in the disappearance of 80% of the colonies that existed 30 years ago.

bog turtle1.jpg

Last edited: