• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
A 17 year history of the Songbird ReMix Cardinal...

card-peek.jpg

Jan

Adventurous
Wow there is too, I agree with Miss B. When you get this update out for these smaller birds, it will make such a difference with the legs back instead of attached forward, it is more realistic,

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
With a look on the dials in your second sneak peak, I aks myself, if it would possible to mix the different birds to create unique species (50% parot and 50% swallow for example). I know that doesn't make real sense, but maybe it gives a little fun.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
With a look on the dials in your second sneak peak, I aks myself, if it would possible to mix the different birds to create unique species (50% parot and 50% swallow for example). I know that doesn't make real sense, but maybe it gives a little fun.

Mixing the "big" species dial can work but not always well... what does work better is to... let's say dialing "Parrot" at 100 and then "Swallow-like" wings and "Swallow Tail"... there are literally about 150 different shaping dials

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's another evolution of a SBRM bird. This time using probably the most difficult (to get right) bird shape I've ever done. The challenge has been to get that stubby look out of the generic model. I think after 15 years, I've finally got it right ;)

Bewick's Wren.jpg

kersbergen

Inspired
wondering: why is there in the parrot and macaw serie no Hyacinth Macaw ( Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus ) ?
there are blue macaws in the serie, but not the largest macaw of them all.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
wondering: why is there in the parrot and macaw serie no Hyacinth Macaw ( Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus ) ?
there are blue macaws in the serie, but not the largest macaw of them all.

The remaining macaws not included in "Macaws of the World" are found in other sets. These macaws are: Cuban Red Macaw (TEE2), Military Macaw (Yucatan), Red-and-Green Macaw (Amazon), Spix's Macaw (TEE3) and the Hyacinth Macaw (C&U3).

I should add that I haven't yet updated these older sets... but these should all be done by the end of the year (if things go right).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow, that hawk is gorgeous. I would've thought albino too, but evidently not. Amazing.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've been steadily working on updates... Here's a facelift I've wanted to do for at least 10 years... finally some recognizable finches :)
I have more than dozen other bird updates... I'll try to share more soon....

FinchesUpdate.jpg

and the updated Cactus Wren with my Nature's Wonders Saguaro Habitat and Bees
Cactus Wren Firefly.jpg