• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear

Attachments

• BirdBooth.jpg
    BirdBooth.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 190

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I saw that article when first reported... Really sad... so few people actually consider the repercussions of their acts

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Totally irresponsible. I'll admit the visual is funny, but *gluing* hats on birds is cruel.

The feeder/camera was rather fun. It gets some great images (The birdies are all ready for their closeups).

Riccardo

Adventurous
No, Australia v3 has not been updated yet to the new format. The updating process is exceptionally time comsuming because I am reworking the geometry, morphs, coding, joint parameters and textures for every model in my 1000+ bird library. To find out what volumes have been updated, I have them listed on my SongbirdReMix.com front webpage.

I'm currently working on Gamebirds; since Australia v3 uses diverse models from parts of my library, it will be one of the last updated (sorry). Parrots and the base Songbird ReMix model need to get reworked first.
Thank you Ken! No problem and no hurry, I always work with not so new models anyway. I just wondered if I had to download some new versions too, since the newsletter's statement confused me

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well, I "think" I've resolved all of the issues with the original Gamebirds set. I'll be spending the next few days playing with the set, doing a couple Iray renders, just to make sure everything is within my comfort zone. I've also been working on a new Nature's Wonder model (project under wraps for now) and a companion volume that uses the updated Gamebirds model. The new Gamebirds set will feature pigeons and doves from around the world.

Here's a first sneak peek...

Untitled1.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As promised, an Iray render from the upcoming Gamebirds reboot... Here's my Ring-necked Pheasant forging at Stonemason's Willow Creek

Iray Pheasant.jpg

I'm currently working on a couple pigeons that should please the folks down under.... the elusive Wonga pigeon which inhabits the coast of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. Also, for you Kiwis, the Kererū is one the way ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ken would you ever be adding any Hoopoe birds like orange crowned one ( with black and white stripped wings) ?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I’ve been doing bird puzzle app pictures on my phone and that bird is my favorite!!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now that's an interesting bird for sure. I'm liking the crown feathers, and the coloring is striking for sure.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've considered doing the hoopoe for some time-- in facts it's one of the first entries on my "TO-DO wish list"... I'll eventually get to it ;)
It will probably happen when I get to updating the two Europe bird sets; as with most of my updates, an additional volume gets added and the Hoopoe would be a good fit for European Edition v3

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Grouse! :) I love them!
I love the picture of the white Rock Ptarmigans. Can't wait for the Gamebirds Update.

Thanks, the Gamebirds update is being checked by Hivewire for QA meanwhile I'm working off and on on Gamebirds V3 which will have 16 new pigeons and doves (I'm about 1/2 way done). Here's a list: Pigeons (Red-billed Pigeon, White-crowned Pigeon, New Zealand Pigeon (Kererū) and the Wonga Pigeon); Doves (Key West Quail Dove, Ruddy Ground Dove, White-winged Dove, Inca Dove, Eared Dove, Tambourine Dove, African Collared-dove, Common Emerald dove, Spotted Dove, Zebra Dove, Mariana Fruit-dove and the Superb Fruit-dove)