• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well these two are big enough they'd fill hands and then some. They're still babies, but big enough to be out and about.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, now that you mention it, the pic I saw wasn't of a new born, and it was standing up by itself, it just looked soooo small.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They are, compared to their parents. Here's a picture.

And of course it's loading sideways instead of upright. The mesh is actually the screen door I had to shoot through.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
looks like a giant baby chick. I think we should add baby cranes to the cute little parade of Easter babies. :)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Unless the babies are in a hurry, then they look like an offended priss in a hurry to get away from the stink. LOL.

And to think I wouldn't have been able to tell what bird they were if it weren't for Ken's birds.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks everyone...

Over the last few days I done a major reworking on the peacock. I changed its default T-pose for a full open display to a folded train, then using the original full display as a morph. For rigging purposes, the default folded train I believe will give better posing control and cut down on the CPU overkill all the "folded" train morphs were causing. Even my "beast of a computer" didn't like folding 600 feathers.

After doing all that rewriting modelling and coding, I decided to take a break from that peacock but that didn't last long as this video will show...

I spent the next hour trying to chase them out of the garden (because they will eat the baby quail chicks currently in our garden)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Niiiiice. I can't imagine living anywhere a peacock would visit. The closest I've come to anything like that was when I was at a friend's vacation home up in the Poconos, and I opened the front door to see a whole deer family crossing the road. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera with me at the time.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Based on my peacock research, I believe these four are called "Spaldings" which is hybrid peafowl (Indian Blue X Green). The Indian and Green Peafowl wild populations do not overlap but some breeders have crossed these two species to make this hybrid species. I've counted up to 20 in our area-- a pretty decent sized feral population for an area which also has a robust coyote and bobcat presence.

Last edited:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They don't look near as plain and ugly as the small females I remember from the zoo in my youth. Lovely males with their tails and colors, ugly drab females about the size of chickens.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, peafowl are not exactly friendly birds. They have been known to attack small children.