• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I had to look that up. There was a link to a Kea dismantling a police car or all things.

Another link said it's a species of parrot.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yup. (sorry, Kea, not Kia) I think there was a Wild Planet episode on them. Parts of it are online.

And yes, they are parrots. *Alpine* parrots, if you can believe that. And they are smart enough to make themselves a real nuisance. Evidently they were getting close to endangered until they decided to go and panhandle at the ski resorts.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
They are little brats, cute little brats, but brats all the same. So intelligent and sooooo cheeky!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just a little question, I didn't know where to post it and since Ken does the best birds I thought maybe he's done one and I just can't find it :)
I was looking for a Peacock and surprised I can't find one anywhere (well, I can find one, but I can't afford US$20 for one bird :p).

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yup. (sorry, Kea, not Kia) I think there was a Wild Planet episode on them. Parts of it are online.

And yes, they are parrots. *Alpine* parrots, if you can believe that. And they are smart enough to make themselves a real nuisance. Evidently they were getting close to endangered until they decided to go and panhandle at the ski resorts.

Keas are also considered by scientists as one of the smartest birds on the planet. I have the Kea in my Threatened, Endangered, Extinct v3 set. The "other" New Zealand Parrot I have is the Kakapo in Threatened, Endangered, Extinct v2.

Just a little question, I didn't know where to post it and since Ken does the best birds I thought maybe he's done one and I just can't find it :)
I was looking for a Peacock and surprised I can't find one anywhere (well, I can find one, but I can't afford US$20 for one bird :p).

It's on my list for this list to do but it will probably be towards the end of the year. It will include all three species of peafowl (both male and female) and include the albino variant. It's too early to talk pricing but Songbird ReMix sets of that size and complexity have gone for $20, plus or minus. If you need something now, the only DS/Poser peacock I'm aware of is Noggin's at Daz.

To see every bird I've done (including my freebies), I have an online field guide which is organized by region and species of bird. There's a hyperlink to the set the bird is in (or the freebie location) at the base of every page.

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
a kiwi....
with an emu morph :coding:

now that would be awesome... :whistling:

Other ratites (emu, rhea, cassowary, tinamous) are on my radar, but I've promised myself that my long-promised Hornbills set comes first.... I guess this is an appropriate time to talk about my 2016 project list again.

2016 (month listed is an estimate and the list is over-ambitious as usual)
Songbird ReMix Kiwis (February)
Songbird ReMix Asia Volume I: Storks to Bee-Eaters (March)
Songbird ReMix Asia Volume II: Rollers to Sunbirds (April)
Songbird ReMix Asia Volume III: Spiderhunters to Weavers & Buntings (April)
Songbird ReMix Asia Volume IV: Compilation set (similar to Australia V3) (April)
Songbird ReMix Hornbills (July)
Songbird ReMix Peafowl (???)
Songbird ReMix Barnyard Fowl (chickens, geese, cowbirds, etc) (???)

in the idea phase
Songbird ReMix Ratites
and more sequels like Africa2, Europe3, etc

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It will include all three species of peafowl (both male and female) and include the albino variant.
OK Ken, I couldn't believe there was such a thing as an albino peafowl, but I just did a search, and that is one MAGNIFICENT bird. I can't wait to see what you come up with for these birds.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
OK Ken, I couldn't believe there was such a thing as an albino peafowl, but I just did a search, and that is one MAGNIFICENT bird. I can't wait to see what you come up with for these birds.

Yes, the albino peacock is very striking, that's why I want to include it...

I always feel a little uncomfortable showing WIP textures but I relatively pleased with how the furry feathers are turning out on the kiwi so I thought I'd share. My disclaimer: The texture is a WIP, and I still need to clean up and refine the feathers around the eyes and bill, and clearly the whiskers, bill and eyes are laid-out only in flat base colors, so they need a lot of work.

Render 2.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh the Kiwi looks sooooo good Ken (especially now he's not naked :p).

I will wait for your peafowl Ken as I'd rather pay the $20 for your awesomeness as I know it will be a quality product with great options.

Miss B, peafowl come in heaps of great colours now. I have a folder on Pinterst dedicated to them, Peafowl colours take a look at the Cameo, while not coloured is quite striking in its own way :) Also most people are used to seeing the Indian Blue with his big tail, but I'm kinda partial to the Java Green hens as they are just as colourful as the males (without the big tail though) whereas the Indian Blue hens are quite plain (although the IB seems to be the one with the greatest colour mutations).

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
SO cute!! What an awesome project list!!!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That project list would make me go and hide in a corner, softly whimpering! You are da man, Ken! I salutes you :)