• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Time to give Poser some Owl love so here's the first of the Superfly test renders... this time with the African Barred Owlet... notice the nice translucency/SSS picking up at the edges of the wing and tail feathers

African Barred Owlet SF test.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Still hard at work with the first batch of the "Big Update"... I'm now working on the Waterfowl Series. I reworked the materials so they will be easier to use (converting the 50+ individual materials into 5 grouped transparency materials) and cleaned up a few some geometry issues. I forgot how complex the coding was to make the waterfowl models do the things they do, like tuck the folded feathers under hip fluff layers. In any case, here's a Firefly render using all the new update features of a flock of Buffleheads. Working with this render reminded me how unused the Waterfowl series is in my imagery. I have to fix that ;)

Buffleheads.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's another FF render of Waterfowl using the WIP update. This time it's the Western Grebe with American Wigeons and a Coot in the background-- Big Cypress Environment and Nerd3D's splash tool were also used. Tomorrow, I'll move to getting the Iray materials started.

westerngrebe.jpg

Last edited: