• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

So where are the challenges then ?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That could be good... a superhero challenge sounds like a good idea mixed in with the character concept.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking your idea as well GG. One thing I always liked about Erik/Traveler's render challenges at RDNA all these years, was the little extra "zing" he might put into each of the items he'd set up for the monthly polls. Your suggestion of a Superhero render challenge, but showing defeat instead of victory, is just the kind of thing he'd suggest. I like that idea.

Also, even though Ken's yearly render challenge is over until next year, there's no reason we can't have another one in a few months. I'm sure there are those who didn't feel qualified, or didn't have enough time or resources, to participate in his yearly challenge this time, but who might be willing to participate in one of ours. I know I picked up a whole bunch of stuff in the sale this year that would give me resources to work with I didn't have in past years.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yes, I always enjoyed the RDNA challenges even though I only ever entered a few. And although I was no where near the Master level, I liked to look at those twists because sometimes it's the limitation that give you great ideas. Also, I think we could definitely use some sort of challenge for Harry. That's one I definitely won't win, because the amazing horse renders I've seen here, are well . . . amazing. But considering there are many people in the community that prefer rendering with Harry than with Dawn or Dusk I think it would only be fair to give him his own challenge too (I know he's included as a figure for the DOF challenge, but like I said, sooner or later he deserves his own challenge).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, should we start a thread with Theme Challenge ideas? Or just jot them down here?

I was thinking that a challenge using a Freebie from here would be a cool idea. Everyone has to use that item but could render anything they like.

I also like technical challenges like the DOF one, it pushes you to try something that you might not do otherwise.

Also I don't mind Challenges without prizes as the are challenges not contests.