• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
A friend of mine adores zebras...so had to make one for the clay critter collection.

zebra-01.jpg

zebra-02.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Terre :) I just nearly froze getting these pics, but I just couldn't resist. It's impossible to take it all in with one picture, so here's an idea of how things appear outside :) The squirrels and birds will be having loads of fun playing in this, and we usually have deer and rabbits come out from hiding.

snow--26--trees.jpg

snow--11--trees.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I saw a funny video on FB this morning. Basically plant your face right in a pile of snow then take a picture or video of it. The way the video was done it looks as though the face in the snow turns side to side slightly. Couldn't figure out how to paste it here though.

skylab

Esteemed
Screen capture perhaps? Also, our media option (the same as embedding YouTube) lists Facebook as an option, though I've never tried it.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
That's funny :) That last girl, it left a perfect impression, even her smile. It's a shame that the impression can't be preserved like a mold for a clay model. Never saw that done in the snow like that before...didn't realize it would be so detailed.

skylab

Esteemed
In the community where I grew up there would be something akin to a snowman competition...a guy one year made a huge dragon in his front yard. And I enjoyed getting out in the snow, playing around any way that I could...and even did snow removal with a tractor and blade as a favor to folks in the community. Now it seems to be returning back to us, as someone came this morning and bladed the driveway, and dug out the car...so we're not stuck in the house now.

Now I have to be content to make snowmen out of clay while warm inside the house...but here's a couple from more than 60 years ago, and 30 years ago :)

SNOWMAN-60 YEARS AGO.jpg

SNOWMAN1-30 YEARS AGO.jpg