• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Those are very cute :) And not far from what we do with Doc and Hein...some of it is facial likeness, and some of it is familiar props, or context. By the way, I'm glad you were able to save your first character pose...I think that's really neat. I did them for years, but never knew how to save them out for distribution until recently...so I like to share what I learn with others...I call it "dropping bread crumbs" so that others may follow along if they are interested in learning :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes, me too...I saw him in concert when he was in his prime...when America was big...that was quite a show, and we were on the second row near the stage....yesss!

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
WILLIE NELSHEIN
WILLIE NELSHEIN.jpg

Cool! My first concert was The Cowsills at Steel Pier in Atlantic City in the 60's. I was very young but I remember it.

Wow! Those are really good! Archie is perfect!

skylab

Esteemed
Remember what I said about opinions...they are like arm pits...everybody has a couple, and some of them stink...haha.

And yes, leave links to anything you'd like for folks to see.

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...so you like the sheep....that came about after a failed attempt at Nursoda creating a sheep for me...he had gotten off to a good start, and we were back and forth by email about it, then he got to the textures, and was not satisfied with it, so he wouldn't release it. I was so disappointed. He based the character on a rough draft cartoon I had done of sheep in a barbershop...I'll just stick the cartoon here, and it will explain itself. He liked the idea of a sheep ear tag as an earring, and the character he was building had a sheep mohawk...I thought it was really good. He had not done any animals before, and he was unsure of how it would go over....I thought it would be a hit, and would open up possibilities for other animal characters...oh well.

These pics were from my sketchbook...I was coming up with characters that I could use in a church bulletin at the time, since the sheep theme was appropriate.

So the Puntik sheep is something that I created in the hair room, as sort of a substitute for the Nursoda sheep that didn't get released...oh well, I tried. I'll see if I can figure out how to save out the hair...I really need to learn to do that, it would solve a lot of hair issues if I could. If I can't save it out, I'll try to find the old scene file and send it to you :)

Okay, here's the original idea of the New Ewe Hair Shop, which Nursoda thought was a scream by the way...he loved the mohawk on the sheep :) One problem that we had was, he spoke German, and we had a hard time with nuances in both languages. And everything about these sketchbook characters is one big nuance...hahaha!
new-ewe-hair-shop.jpg

sheep-sketches.jpg

sheep-sketches2.jpg

sheep-sketches3.jpg