• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL my current guy Buddy is the only cat I've had in all my years that does this all the time:) (And the kitty poking his nose out of the sheets is my Buddy too- (LOL yeah you'll all see lots of Buddy poses in my promos for my texture add-ons:) He's the ginger tabby I am working on. Though I did get my previous grey tabby The Dude in one of the promos too:) Ok really am getting back to work now:)
Ash is prone to do this when he watches the gold fish. Fantastic set Traci and Seliah!!

Back to work on fairy support for Dawn, Diva and the Gazebo!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Off to go grab your wonderful kitty play set Traci! Thanks so much for doing it!! That paper bag has Buddy's name allll over it. His fave toy:)

You're welcome, Laurie! Glad I could make the kitty feel right at home.

I set a limit on the smash bag morph, but you could turn limits off and put the kitty on top of the smashed, now closed bag. That's how mine all ended up. They loved the bag until 2 of them started playing with it and one always smashed it down on the other.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
My young basset does that too.........cocks her head to one side, furrows the eyebrows........the I'm trying my best to understand you look.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
No argument from me as to whether this is the best kitty ever! I'm sooo happy with it. I look forward to additional morphs so that we can create other cat breeds such as the oriental type breeds (not that we can't mimic them fairly well with the existing morphs) or the short tail or short legged breeds.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
LOL what fun renders everyone! Here is a quickie from me. Back to finishing up more textures for Lil' Kitty!
Adorable render Laurie.

BTW, with Halloween coming, I was wondering if you were going to do an all black texture for our new House Kitty. ~hint~ ~hint~ ~hint~ :D

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Adorable render Laurie.

BTW, with Halloween coming, I was wondering if you were going to do an all black texture for our new House Kitty. ~hint~ ~hint~ ~hint~ :D

Yep! Working on black kitty today. Will have one set of orange tabbies, and one set that will include black kitty, white kitty and also 2-3 "tuxedo" kitties. Hoping to have them out in about 10 days?

BlackKitty.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Yay! Love making Lyne happy!:)

Yep the Big Kitty poses work very well for Lil' Kitty too with just minor tweaking and then pf course adding some of the shaping morphs to make him more of a house kitty:) LOL for grins you can also use these grey tabby textures on our leopard too:)

yes I realized that after the fact, looking at the feet especially... I just figured his feet 'here' looked more like a tom cat... but yes... got SO many ideas already! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Yep! Working on black kitty today. Will have one set of orange tabbies, and one set that will include black kitty, white kitty and also 2-3 "tuxedo" kitties. Hoping to have them out in about 10 days?

View attachment 16587

OH MY GAWD *FAINTS*.... I'll be in kitty heaven, Laurie! (I'm so NOT feeling up to converting my kitty furs at this time in my life...recovery is slow and having 'ready to go' textures by YOU is more 'dreams come true'!!)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Even better Lyne- we will have fur for all these too down the road!

you mean Poser fur like you are working on, with the Black Panther? Very short fur to avoid having to brush out post, while letting the map fur texture SHOW through would be outstanding!!!!!!!!!! Worth it's weight in gold... er... wait... fur would not weigh much... well, add the cat in too! LOL!! Meaning I'LL PAY HAPPILY! LOL!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh and PS ...some renders show kitty PAWS (TOES) much more petite... not sure which dials?? Dew claws small help, and I found a dial that pulled the um...back foot tiny toe in flatter too, then lost track of how I did that... I'm trying to figure out how to dial or scale the toes closer together/smaller... hmmm...so 'opposite dialing' of dials maybe?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
you mean Poser fur like you are working on, with the Black Panther? Very short fur to avoid having to brush out post, while letting the map fur texture SHOW through would be outstanding!!!!!!!!!! Worth it's weight in gold... er... wait... fur would not weigh much... well, add the cat in too! LOL!! Meaning I'LL PAY HAPPILY! LOL!!

Yes Poser fur- but not me- Tiny!!! Also I have heard that folks are working on LAMH fur too for our big and little kitties.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh and PS ...some renders show kitty PAWS (TOES) much more petite... not sure which dials?? Dew claws small help, and I found a dial that pulled the um...back foot tiny toe in flatter too, then lost track of how I did that... I'm trying to figure out how to dial or scale the toes closer together/smaller... hmmm...so 'opposite dialing' of dials maybe?

One to try is under Paws- (foot) flatten pad. For really ultimate control the toes do have all the scale dials available. I've even used the Head scale dials on my own stuff some too (not in promos). So much one can do- the only limit is your imagination!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well I don't "do DS"... so poser fur is good... but hey, you WERE trying out the poser fur room unless I read it wrong? You were doing well! Made me want to try it out... :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
For really ultimate control the toes do have all the scale dials available.
ah!! EACH toe - got it!! and now I've GOT to FORCE myself to go eat a meal and get ready for a grocery delivery...darn it! LOL!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well I don't "do DS"... so poser fur is good... but hey, you WERE trying out the poser fur room unless I read it wrong? You were doing well! Made me want to try it out... :)

Yes I did do my own attempt on the poser fur on the black panther in that one piece. I did ok on the body/I did find that pretty easy for straight forward poses but the head is pretty crude as I am not very good at "brushing" yet. And the black coat was easy for whatever reason- haven't had much luck on the regular spotted leopard- looks funny with the material settings I am trying right now. Still messing with that (lol when I have time:) Tiny will do a much better job than I can!

And even though I don't use DS a lot, (iray is so slow on my mac for whatever reason while superfly truly flies on this mac:) I am very glad we have folks working to accomplish fur on that end too.