• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Dog And Puppy Renders.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
The whole HiveWire team is very excited, pleased, and even proud to make available our Big Dog to all, for Poser and DAZ Studio. We invite you to share your creations in this thread.

We'll have many dog breeds to follow. These will take time to do right. Many we have modeled already, but now need maps and adjusted rigging.

I want to mention here that Lisa and I are so very grateful to our loyal, talented and dedicated Beta, and QAV teams for all their detailed efforts to assist us, to make this Big Dog available in DAZ Studio and Poser. Alisa Proctor and her QAV team does so much for us. We are forever grateful to Alisa for all she does behind the scenes to make sure our Big Dog works as expected, files structured as they should be, that the read me is in order, and all the details are buttoned up. Kudos to you all.

We are also so very appreciative of Laurie Prindle for her willingness to assist in a major way, and at the last minute, to add her touch to our Big Dog imagery.

HWBigDogRendo940x368.jpg

This is an article that we made available to Renderosity, they've posted it today, and we thought it would be good to share with you all here too.

HiveWire is pleased to work with Renderosity to bring to the Poser and DAZ Studio audience our HiveWire Big Dog. We've been excited for some time now to get this Dog over the finish line. There is another popular Dog in this market, but it is very tired, and howling, begging and even scratching for a replacement. Lisa, myself, and our HiveWire team are confident this Big Dog will be your alternative choice.

We've done a bit of research to find the most popular dog breeds, and this is why we chose the Labrador breed as our base. Much like our HiveWire Horse, Big Cat, and even our House Cat, we present one breed as our base, and the Big Dog is no different. We also currently have a Great Dane, English Bulldog, Whippet, Boxer, Wolf, German Shepherd, Corgi, Chihuahua, Dachshund, and a Puppy in the works, and certainly more to come. The progress on these can all be seen in our HiveWire forum under "Show Me The Honey".

Some cool things about this dog is that it is the same mesh as our Big Cat and House Cat. Morphs can be shared between them all to create unique critters. In addition, one could apply our Leopard or House Cat texture map on the Big Dog if desired because UVs are also shared. Or if you just want a dog that looks and renders great, and poses as expected, with a variety of realistic expression morphs and poses, this dog is for you!

We've created our line of human figures that work wonderfully, and it seems that our combined audience yearns also for a superior line of animals to match whatever human figure suits their needs. At HiveWire we feel so confident in our animal offerings, and we take pride in these creations. Our rigger Paul Lessard has once again worked his magic to make certain this Big Dog poses wonderfully in your software of choice. Sparky has created texture maps for this animal that come across as convincing and very lifelike.

Lisa and I have been publishing our animals jointly with Renderosity now since last September. We're very pleased with how this relationship has been going. Jenn Blake is a wonderful partner for us, and gives us encouragement, needed space, and time we need to produce top quality content like this new HiveWire Big Dog.

Where we go from here now is only limited by our man power and imagination. We have many more animals planned for this year. On our short list are more dog breeds, and our very own king of the jungle, the best Lion family ever.