• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Now that the long awaited Big Cat is available to all. We'd very much love to see what you can come up with by way of awesome renders. Please share those beautiful creations in this thread.

BigCatNewsletter2.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rendered in Carrara 8.5Pro with no postwork apart from sig.
Used the supplied poses and some minor tweaks to see if the pose dials worked.. so far so good
Textures need adjusting, bump maps and spec maps need to be added and adjusted to liking as well as trans maps, the eyes need adjusting as well, all part and parcel of using it in Carrara..

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Stezza - very cool to see how Big Kitty is working for you in Carrara! Thanks for sharing! I have an older version of Carrara but I am not very good with it:)

Virtual_World

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Very happy to see the Big Kitty released! I don't have time to play with it until next week; but I managed to render this image to promote the new figure in my FB page.
Love all of the renders posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie, I love the face expression of the panther in your Jungle Book image.
BigCat.jpg

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Very happy to see the Big Kitty released! I don't have time to play with it until next week; but I managed to render this image to promote the new figure in my FB page.
Love all of the renders posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie, I love the face expression of the panther in your Jungle Book image.
View attachment 14126

Thanks VW! So cool Chris made mouth and eyebrow morphs so we can get a little smile outta Big Kitty:) (actually I begged him for those:) I'd love to see a toon version sometime too- that would be so fun!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think this could probably done with rendering a bit longer, Iray render.
Ohhhhh wonderful render tparo. That's the type of scene I saw my first snow leopard in. It was a photograph, IIRC, and seeing a leopard hanging out in a tree, and the coloring of the snow leopard, was so unique to me I fell in love with it.

Laurie's golden leopard texture is gorgeous, but I can't wait for her to add a snow leopard to the mix. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ok, tparo's image is now there, but I moved the time of it so that it shows up later than it was done, so folks don't miss it :)

Lovely, and lovely also, Tosca!