• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Love, and Love. Same mountain range as your snow leopard image?

Beautiful Shiz!!

Excellent work.

LOL Chris! You have a good memory!! Yes the background was created from the same Bryce file I created for "Lord of the Himalayas" way back when, using DEMs with Bryce procedural textures on them. All the rest was done in Poser.

And thanks!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The Falconer

Where did the turban come from? I've been looking for one.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Love it Lyne. It's very fun.

I think there's trouble brewing. Good trouble. He's obviously a master gardener, which must have some hidden meaning.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Took a little break from working to try to learn some more DS iray stuff. Getting a little more of a handle on finessing the render and environment settings etc

Dusk SE (head set to Dusk Head)
CWRW Rodrigo for Dusk (and Character Morphs for Rodrigo)
Dusk Bomber Jacket
CWRW Classic Denims for the Bomber Jacket (using the 3delight MATs as I haven't had time yet to update to include iray MATs - doesn't look bad!)
Dusk Mid Length Hair
BOSS Pro Light Set (at Daz) (darn cool iray light set for portraits etc)

Rodrigo.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Note: I did use the original Dusk, as Stephens was made before DuskSE.
MANY credits/links via the link to my own web page for this one!

Nicely done, Lyne! Love those muse journeys!
Took a little break from working to try to learn some more DS iray stuff. Getting a little more of a handle on finessing the render and environment settings etc

Dusk SE (head set to Dusk Head)
CWRW Rodrigo for Dusk (and Character Morphs for Rodrigo)
Dusk Bomber Jacket
CWRW Classic Denims for the Bomber Jacket (using the 3delight MATs as I haven't had time yet to update to include iray MATs - doesn't look bad!)
Dusk Mid Length Hair
BOSS Pro Light Set (at Daz) (darn cool iray light set for portraits etc)

View attachment 25350

Um, yum? Er, I mean really nice render, Laurie!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looks like you got your tall dark and handsome for sure now Laurie.

Well done. But does your husband know about him or is this a secret?

Either way, very impressive. I would imagine he is an accomplished Caballerizo Mayor in his native land of Spain.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yummy is right Lisa. Hubba, hubba. ~drool~

I especially like the way the hair came out Laurie. Did you use an Iray shader for the hair too?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looks like you got your tall dark and handsome for sure now Laurie.

Well done. But does your husband know about him or is this a secret?

Either way, very impressive. I would imagine he is an accomplished Caballerizo Mayor in his native land of Spain.

LOL Chris! Yeah Bill is getting used to my "virtual boyfriends" :-D
Course they are all Dusk!!! :) So a lot of it is your fault too:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yummy is right Lisa. Hubba, hubba. ~drool~

I especially like the way the hair came out Laurie. Did you use an Iray shader for the hair too?

Thanks Miss B! I used the iray MATs that come with the Dusk ML Hair - had to re-download the product as I realized I was still using an old beta version of it that didn't have the SF and iray MATs:)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Miss B! I used the iray MATs that come with the Dusk ML Hair - had to re-download the product as I realized I was still using an old beta version of it that didn't have the SF and iray MATs:)
Well I it looks great! I like when black hair has a blue-ish tint to it. :)