• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Thanks, I love cats! ^^
LOL I neeeeeeeeeever would have guessed :p I am a cat lover too, question are the kitty ears posable? Its the one gripe I have with most anthro ears is that they are static so not great when you want to use ear position to help convey mood/emotion

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hey Ken, are you bringing here or elsewhere? I think they are really cool!

I could bring it here.

LOL I neeeeeeeeeever would have guessed :p I am a cat lover too, question are the kitty ears posable? Its the one gripe I have with most anthro ears is that they are static so not great when you want to use ear position to help convey mood/emotion

They are VERY posable. Lots of dials. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was looking at the project files, and noticed I made the "Animal Anime Pack" (AAP) back in 2007 (11 years ago), and the thumbnails are using the old RSR format. I have to make new ones, but I still use the props as much as I did when they were new. The textures probably need to be updated, and I will have to make new (ugh!) promos. I use those ears and tails so much that I forgot how old they are. :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Oh I feel your pain with the promos, I think that is possibly my lest favorite part of making stuff. Could be why I have so much sitting waiting for me to finish lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have some stuff waiting for finishing the rigging, texturing, and TONS of morph adjusting. Perhaps this last one can compete with promos on the loathing category. LOL

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
There is stuff I want to make but I havent as I have no clue where to start with rigging and morphs, I can do the modeling and texturing parts just not the stuff that makes it all work. A tad frustrating but then at the same time I am not finding more things to loath lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
From the consumer perspective, people talk highly of "the modeling", as if that was all there was about it. In reality, modeling is the quickest part, because most of the time will be spent on rigging, joint adjustments, and morph corrections. That's probably why Chris has so many morphs already done, but Paul is still trying to catch up with the rigging. It's the same on my part - I have plenty of things already modeled, but still need more work on the rigging and morphing. And I am not even talking about texturing. It's just me, so I have to wear all the hats, and things take time.

On the bright side, the more I do of the things I am not good with, the easier and the better it gets. Even promos....

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Yeah, I have thought of working with others to cover the things I either don't have a clue with or struggle with but as I tend to work in fits and starts, jumping from one thing to another, I am not sure how well that would really work

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It can work well depending what you want to collab on.
Take HW for example, Chris is a wonderful modeller, Paul is wonderful at rigging and we have some great texture artists like Laurie and Sparky so the end products are awesome.

I couldn't model or do any of that extra stuff, and while I'm not an expert, I've helped poser artists with making mat files for DS versions as well as doing promos (in both programs). I think collaborating on a product can make it go faster because you can hand off the stuff you're not good at (or don't really want to do) :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Rae134 very true, I guess I just worry that cause I work so scatter-shot a lot of the time I'd end up frustrating any one that tried to work with me :(

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's true, I have done 3 collab products here at HW, where I usually do the rigging part. But like they say, we have to try harder on the parts we suck at. I initially couldn't do any character morphs, but now I have 2 full characters, and 8 body sculpts on the store. I used to be intimidated by these things, but since I am a 1-man-army, the only way was to face my fears head on. I was scared of body sculpting, so I did 8 in a row. I thought I couldn't do it until I tried. I made several others that I just using in my renders. I have been a CA since 2004, and I am still learning.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
cat-rain-jph.jpg

Dawn, Di a, HW Houseca . My key oa d is ac in up. Won' ype some le e s.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now my keyboard is working! It's intermittent. Dawn as Diva, Hivewire Housecat, Dreamland street scene from Renderosity and free backpack from there as well. Car from DAZ.

Hornet3d

Wise
So I have manged to finish most the major jobs around the house and otherwise. Christmas shopping, other than food is also finish so I can now have a relaxing December or, put another way, do some serious playing in Poser. It also gives me chance to try and find out just what my ne w computer is capable of. With Octane 4 now available I want to understand that more and get a better idea when to use it instead of Superfly. This is the sort of scene I am having trouble with in Octane at the moment, a HDR with only one light. This is a revamp of an earlier scene but it gives me something to play with in Octane.

Planks Cheongsam HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice HDRi Hornet. The only thing I would like better in that image, is to have her skin brighter, especially her face, though her hair could be a bit brighter as well. They seem to be melding in with the underside of the train tracks in the background behind her.

You could also move her a bit to the right (her left) so that her head and shoulders are in front of the lighter train tracks that are turning to the right in the HDRi image, which would give you more contrast. Oh, and you might try to turn her slightly to her right when you move her over a little, so she looks as if she's walking towards the center of the image from perhaps near that bench those folks are sitting on over on the right. That would put her more in the lighter portion of the image, so there would be more contrast between her and the HDRi. Just a couple of suggestions. ;)