• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
aww thanks, I have an over the counter...sterile tears...but takes drinking a LOT of water and I was being bad...(hard to drink a lot in winter)... but I can SEE to day... took ALL day to get my vision back, downing a LOT of water... glug glug!

Anyway... got to thinking and did this experiment with V4 shoes fitted to Dawn... I think BillyT is just the BEST shoe maker in our world!

BillyTMaryJaneFitToDawn.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks, @Chris , I think so too... NOT to take anything away from YOUR talent with ANY model though... but you can't help it that you are only one person.... grin!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I was wondering if those shoes were made with a fixed shape, or does it have posable toes?

not that I know of... I'm hoping too, to copy the params for my 'fitted' shoe to another "left shoe" of Billys... not sure if it'll work... and not quite sure how to save them..right now I saved Dawn with her shoe on in characters and as pz3! LOL!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
WOW @Ken1171 !! Love that new hair and car and all of it!! Also nice placement of your logo in there too.

@Lyne , Gorgeous render on the previous page !! It reminds me for some reason of Cathy and Heathcliff and Wuthering Heights! One of the great Bronte' novels in my opinion! Sweet little birds! I agree Billy T does make some fine shoes!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm totally smitten with Pen's Diva! It's rather hard to put her on the shelf!

That Dazzling Diva Smile

Dawn
Diva for Dawn
Dazzling Denim for Dawn
Universal Boots for Dawn
Harry the great and magnificent + foal morph
CWRW Quarter Horse coat
Flowers and foliage by Traveler
Background image taken in Amarillo
The fence is made from RDN Modules Winter Trees
Untitled-123 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
not that I know of... I'm hoping too, to copy the params for my 'fitted' shoe to another "left shoe" of Billys... not sure if it'll work... and not quite sure how to save them..right now I saved Dawn with her shoe on in characters and as pz3! LOL!

Converting shoes (and gloves!) is still something that is difficult to do in either Poser or DS. This is probably because the projection templates don't include the feet and hands, while in Poser templates are not supported anyway. In Poser, I first reposition/rescale the shoes to match the target figure's feet, and even use the Morphing Tool and magnets to make the shape fit too, and then go straight the Fitting Room, making sure to disable "reset figure" before converting. This has provided the best results so far. ^^

WOW @Ken1171 !! Love that new hair and car and all of it!! Also nice placement of your logo in there too.

Thanks! I just wanted to make something with the new Anime hair materials I've just bought from 3DOutlaw. :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
GREAT work Lyne. I had to laugh when I saw the image though.. I thought "Dawn doesn't have three legs, does she?" :p

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Ken1171 - to be clear, I did NOT convert or fit, other than PLACING the shoe, scaling various ways, and parenting it to Dawn's foot... (after exporting it as an obj to get it 'off of V4' so to speak... so it's a PROP only now... still for this 'shoe freak', I'm happy!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 - to be clear, I did NOT convert or fit, other than PLACING the shoe, scaling various ways, and parenting it to Dawn's foot... (after exporting it as an obj to get it 'off of V4' so to speak... so it's a PROP only now... still for this 'shoe freak', I'm happy!

Ooh, I see! Then you have already done 90% of what it takes to convert it, and you didn't even have to export to OBJ. The Fitting Room can take care of that for you, and make it conform to Dawn. That's how I did with the V4 boots from my last render. ^__^

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Basically parenting it. Yeah, that sometimes seems to be the only way to get a shoe onto a figure it wasn't built for. In a lot of cases it works very well. Particularly boots.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Lyne's Creations & Snowfire Graphics Presents:
EAT HEALTHY!

Just a tease for our upcoming set of 19 fruits (includes whole and half of some) Freebie set.
DAWN SE
Chris's JOY expression
Heroine Hair
Dawn's Tank top with my rose pattern

DawnOrange.jpg

NO POST but for a teeny 'unsharp mask' and to apply "frame".

I'm working HARD to get all the fruit props sized right, AND placed center/on floor in Poser, then saving. (already got all the tifs polished up and "jpg'd"). Dawn is helping me size them! (hence this fun image)

My hand tendons and shoulder are a real problem right now, so have to stop computer stuff through the weekend, then will get back to it... I have a LOT to do, (will remember to rename the number in fist text file line so that the prop pp2 format is ok for P9 and up- I work in 2014)....and set all up in a proper runtime. NOW to QUIT typing!

Last edited: